I came up with that *snort*
Clean it Up…
1. Background: White Backgrounds with black or dark grey text look best and are the easiest on the eyes. If you go with a picture background try to keep it as simple as possible. For example: a background where the whole thing is hearts or stars would be way too busy… pick something with a little less going on.
2. Header: make sure the header is centered. If you need help with this- just ask me! 🙂 The header should also give us an idea to what you are all about… I recently decided to put the words “Making Home Home-Made” I didn’t have this before, but I think it helps to define what I write about. Make sure your header is not too big or too small- 1100 pixels wide by 625 pixels high is pretty standard, but you can play with the proportions until you get a size you like… mine is about 1200 px wide! There are a lot of free headers on the web, but if you need a custom one hit me up and I can make you one (see prices here)!
3. Text: Go ahead and put a fun or funky text for your titles and sidebar headers… I think it looks totally awesome and unique! You can find out how to do it here. I would not suggest, however, to make your whole blog a funky text. You want your blog to be easy to read- this may be the #1 most important thing is that it MUST be easy to read.
4. Spell Check: Use it!!! Spell check isn’t fool proof (I know first hand!) though it will prevent any grossly obvious misspellings. I am always surprised at how many words I misspell.
5. Align: A little alignment goes a long way. When I see a bunch of blog buttons misaligned I say “eww’… I didn’t know about this little trick for a long time, but whenever you need to center an item (be it a button or whatever) go to the html code and type one of the codes (in the picture above) right before the code and after the code. Obviously if you want everything aligned to the left you will use the one that says left and so on… mine are set to center.
I am sure that I will think of more, but these are some of the really important tips to remember. A blog is like a garden… a little maintaining and you will watch it grow. You will grow as well. I am amazed how much I have grown creatively just by starting this little blog… I am very appreciative to all my followers that keep me motivated to write (and craft) more.
Thanks for stopping by!