Hello friends! I am Rachel, a native Oklahoman who was born and raised in the “Sooner State.” My husband of 12 years is my best friend and I couldn’t imagine life without him. We have 5 wonderful children ages 13 and under who keep us busy and in constant laughter. This blog is a place where I share all my recent recipes, DIY projects, party ideas and of course a dash of “real mom life” here and there.
Who is Rachel?
Lover of Jesus, my family, late nights, coffee, sprinkles, and glitter. My hobbies are recipe creating, cake decorating, and photography to name a few.
About Sprinkle Some Fun
When I started this blog in 2008 I called it Bubbly Nature Creations. The name and the blog have changed a little throughout the years, but the goal remains the same. I share easy ideas that bring families together whether it’s a party idea, a home-cooked meal or a fun DIY project! You may have popped over here from one of these popular websites below. If so, welcome to the Sprinkle Some Fun family and I hope you’ll stick around.
What camera equipment do you use?
- Since 2016, I use a Nikon D750 DSLR (affiliate) camera and a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 lens (affiliate).
- Prior to 2016 I used a Nikon D7000 (affiliate) with a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens (affiliate).
- On occasion I also use an iPhone 6s plus.
- For lighting I use natural light from the window when possible. I also have this lighting kit (affiliate).
Where did you learn cake decorating?
- I went to a local technological college that offered the Wilton cake decorating as a course around 2002. My mom is also a home based cake decorator and I’ve learned from her through the years. I highly suggest finding a Wilton cake decorating course near you if you want to learn cake decorating. This will give you one on one instruction with a qualified instructor.
- All of the cakes you see on my website are easy to make and don’t require any prior knowledge of cake decorating beyond the basics. My cakes are meant for the home maker that wants to bake special cakes for their loved ones, but my cake ideas have also been used by professional cake bakers for years.
How can I get a hold of you?
- Reach me at: [email protected]
Some examples of what you can find here:
For that FROZEN movie lover!
You know you want a bite! 😉
Holidays are my fave!
Friday 2nd of December 2022
I don't see the recipes for the cute dip mix ornaments. Thanks.
Monday 5th of September 2022
How absolutely refreshing it is to find not only a super fun and creative woman who has amazing talent…but LOVES JESUS! I am also a Christ follower, so thankful that I found you and I am looking forward to checking out all your ideas in detail!! I happened across your page via Pinterest when I put in inexpensive diy Christmas gifts. When I saw the ornaments filled with dip ingredients…I was HOOKED! Thank you for sharing your ideas, and for not being ashamed to share your Faith either!! BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
Friday 19th of August 2022
Sooner born Sooner breed When I die, I’m Sooner dead ❤️🏈❤️🏈❤️🏈❤️🏈❤️🏈❤️🏈❤️ What part of Oklahoma?
It’s now been over 3 hrs that I stumbled onto your site. Not even really sure how. But I’m so glad I did … I LOVE IT! You have such cute, cool, fun, awesome ideas. I’m so envious. Lol You are definitely my new go to person.
Have a great weekend…
Blessed with the BEST, Joy Alsip