Pink Slush Punch is a refreshing icy drink that is perfect for any party or get together! 4 simple ingredients is all it takes and it can be made ahead of time in the freezer until you are ready to serve. You’ll want to serve this punch at every get together because it always gets rave reviews. It has the perfect slushy texture and the taste is tangy and sweet.
Everyone will want to know the secret to getting the perfect slushy texture in this punch. The perfect texture is thanks to the mixture of gelatin and sugar. Once frozen it forms a crystalline structure that’s easy to break up and becomes a slush when you add the soda. It’s so good and refreshing. We whip up double batches of this punch because it disappears in no time at all!
I really wanted to make this into a vibrant pink color and searched for a long time looking for the perfect ingredients. I found the pink ICE sparkling soda and knew it would make a nice hot pink. If you want it to be even more vibrant you could use all pink soda instead of the lemon lime or replace half of the lemon lime soda with the pink ICE. If you can’t find pink ICE soda or any pink soda at all just use white grape juice mixed with a tsp. of pink food coloring or natural food coloring.
Ingredients to make:
- 3 bottles of Strawberry Kiwi ICE sparkling drink (if you can’t find this use 1 tsp. pink food coloring mixed with 48 oz. white grape juice)
- 1 bottle (2 liters) of lemon lime soda (any brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water for boiling gelatin and sugar
- 1 (6 oz.) box pink gelatin (any brand) as long as it is pink in color or neutral colored.
We thought this pink punch was the perfect Barbie Punch or perfect for any party with a pop of pink! Make it for a girly baby shower or pink bridal shower as well. This makes a great wedding punch as well since it can easily serve a lot of people by increasing the amount. Just make sure you have enough freezer space!
Tips for the perfect pink punch:
- Pink color: I really wanted to make this into a vibrant pink color and searched for the perfect ingredients. I found the pink ICE sparkling soda and knew it would make a vibrant hot pink. If you want it to be even more vibrant you could use ALL pink colored soda instead of the lemon lime or replace half. If you can’t find pink ICE soda or any pink soda at all just use white grape juice mixed with a tsp. of pink food coloring (natural or artificial both work). The finished punch will still taste great either way.
- Make ahead: Be sure to make this ahead of time so that the mixture can freeze for 8 hours. The frozen part of the punch is easy to make ahead of time and will keep fresh in the freezer for several months. Make it a week ahead and you’ll have less to do the day before or the day of the party.
- Freezer storage: The plastic freezer bags usually work great on their own, but if you’re worried about this mixture spilling you can use a 9×13 cake pan to place the contents inside and then place it into the freezer.
- Start thawing: Set frozen slush out 30 mins. before the party to allow begin thawing so it’s easier to break apart.
Whether you’re chilling in the backyard, hosting a birthday bash, or just hanging out with your crew, this pink slush punch is the ultimate in refreshing drinks. It’s like a little burst of happiness in a cup, guaranteed to make you smile from ear to ear.
Are you looking for more punch or drink ideas? I’ve got you covered! Here are some more ideas:
If you are looking for Barbie party ideas I also have this fun Barbie Movie cake. Make it along with the pink punch for a fun Barbie Movie Party!
- 1 (3 to 4 oz.) box jello pink colored gelatin (see notes)*
- 1 bottle (2 liters) lemon lime soda
- 3 cups of water for boiling
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 (17 oz.) bottles pink colored sparkling soda (see notes)**
- In a medium sized pot combine sugar and water.
- Place on stove and turn heat to medium high.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Wait until water and sugar are boiling and then turn off the heat.
- Immediately pour the gelatin into the water mixture and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture cool off for a few minutes and then add the pink soda.
- Use your fingers to pop any bubbles and then place the mixture into the 2 plastic freezer bags.
- Next, Freeze for at least 8 hours. Can be made ahead of time and stored for up to 2 months or 4 months in a deep freezer.
- When ready to serve take the bags out from the freezer and take out the frozen mixture and place it into the punch bowl.
- Next, Use a strong fork to start breaking apart frozen mixture. Add a little lemon lime soda at first to start the melting process. Keep breaking apart the frozen mix while adding more lemon lime soda until it becomes slushy and fully mixed.
- Now it's ready to serve. Pour into cups and drink up!
You'll need two gallon freezer bags.
* I used Starburst Pink gelatin mix. If you can't find this then use another pink colored gelatin like Jello Watermelon.
** I used strawberry kiwi ICE (brand) sparkling soda which is pink in color. If you can't find this then use another pink soda or use 48 oz. white grape juice mixed with a vibrant pink food coloring.
Amount Per Serving Calories 62Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 0g
#mv-trellis-comments > div > div:nth-child(4) > div:nth-child(2)