This post has been sponsored by NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The holidays are coming soon, and one of my favorite gift items to give to friends and family is a box of homemade cookies. This year, I’ve been working on a recipe that includes some of my favorite foods: chocolate, caramel, and salted pretzels!
I’ve combined all three to make a delicious salty-sweet cookie that I know everyone will love. I use NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet morsels for the best chocolate taste because they are made with rich, creamy, 100% real chocolate! When I first tried TOLL HOUSE morsels, I could taste love at first bite!
These cookies are great to serve at parties and are easy to gift in a cookie box or tin. Be sure to grab the free cookie-inspired holiday gift tags at the end of the post for easy gift giving!
This recipe starts off with ingredients for an ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie with the addition of pretzels into the dough. The caramel is drizzled on top at the end so that you get a taste of caramel with every bite. I also like to add a little sea salt on top of the caramel for an added salty flavor.
I shopped at Walmart for all the cookie ingredients while I picked up our regular groceries. My favorite store for holiday shopping is Walmart because I can find everything on my list there. You can also save now on NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels now with ibotta!
I always like to grab a package of TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet morsels in the baking isle any time I go to Walmart. We like to bake up cookies when we have guests over or as a once in a while treat for ourselves.
These Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies will be making an appearance on our household menu as well as in every cookie box we gift for the holidays. I’ve already had several people try them and they always get rave reviews!
Caramel pretzel chocolate chip cookies have the perfect amount of both salty and sweet flavors in each bite. Try them with and without a touch of sea salt on the top!
Will you be baking up any cookies for the holidays this year? Be sure to pick up some TOLL HOUSE Semi Sweet Morsels for the best tasting cookies and desserts. I love that TOLL HOUSE Semi Sweet Morsels have gluten-free chocolate that has no artificial flavorings, colors, or preservatives. I can’t wait to bake with all the fun seasonal flavors for the holiday season, like the Toll House Morsels Pumpkin Spice and Toll House Morsels Peppermint.
Once I have all the cookies made and ready to go, I pack them up in a decorative box or tin and place a tag on top! I created these cookie letter gift tags for the perfect finishing touch on any cookie box or tin. To use these holiday gift tags, just click and save the image and print them on one page. (These are for personal use only.)
There is nothing like a delicious cookie and a glass of milk to brighten up the holiday mood!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup mini sized broken pretzels
- 2 cups (11 oz.) unwrapped caramels
- 1-3 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs and beat well. Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until just mixed. Slowly stir in chocolate chips and pretzels. Drop cookie dough by a rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, and then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt the caramels in a small saucepan on low heat. Add a little heavy cream or milk to the caramels 1 Tbsp at a time or until you get the consistency that you want for drizzling. When the caramel is fully melted and still hot; take a spoon and drizzle the caramel onto each cookie. While the caramel is still hot on the cookie, add a sprinkle of sea salt if desired. Let caramel cool completely until it has hardened to store.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g