This is the best restaurant style queso recipe ever! We use recipe for all our Tex-Mex meals and serve it at every gathering. This is a copycat Mexican restaurant queso dip that is served with the chips and salsa at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Everyone that tries it can’t get enough and they have been …
Thanks to GOODFOODS for sponsoring this Fiesta Pumpkin Layer Dip post. The content and opinions expressed here are my own. Thanksgiving in our family always includes the usuals like turkey, side dishes and pies. We also like to include other dishes that might not regularly be associated with Thanksgiving, but taste so amazing that we have to include …
This Guacamole Platter with a fresh guacamole recipe is the perfect party platter for any celebration! I am also sharing my new favorite guacamole recipe… it’s so amazing!
This dip totally took me by surprise… in a good way. Surprised because I didn’t think the flavors would mesh but I couldn’t stop thinking about the possibility. It’s not often that you see sour cream and pasta sauce mixed together, but this is knock-your-socks-off good. The best part is that it only takes 3 …
White Chicken Chili Cheese Dip is one of our favorite go-to dip recipes when we are having a get together. It’s a wonderful twist from the usual nacho cheese, and it always gets enthusiastic reviews. Delicious white chicken chili is loaded with cheese and thickened up to make this yummy dip. If you love White Chicken …
Thank you to SKIPPY® Peanut Butter for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try a new holiday recipe! Dips are a holiday favorite of ours for many reasons. One is that they are very easy to serve and two is that people can dish out the exact portion they want onto their plates. This …
With the holidays coming up… this dip idea will be a big hit! ad
These 3 Easy recipes for Avocado Salsa is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mom It Forward Blogger Network and Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are my own.
It’s time for the Big Game and I thought I would share with you some easy snacks we have made this year to celebrate! No football game day party is complete without snacks made from avocados from Mexico and so I made Avocado Salsa in three different ways!
Avocados from Mexico are great to have around for a nutritious and delicious snack. My local grocer always keeps them in stock and I make sure to buy a few when I go grocery shopping. Technically, because of its region and warm climate, Avocados from Mexico are always in season – the only avocados in the world that are. I know you are going to love these tasty appetizers!
The first recipe I am sharing is this delicious Pineapple & Cucumber Guacamole. The sweet pineapple mingles well with the creamy avocados from Mexico. I also love the spicy kick it has with the jalapeños!
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced (½ inch)
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles minced, including seeds, or more to taste
- juice from 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 3/4 fine salt or 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 2 large Avocados from Mexico or 4 small, halved and pitted
- 1/2 pineapple peeled, cored, and diced (½ inch)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, divided
- Stir together the cucumber, onion, chiles, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Score the flesh in the avocado halves in a cross-hatch pattern (not through the skin) with a knife and then scoop it with a spoon into the bowl and gently stir together (do not mash).
- Stir in half the cilantro and the pineapple last so the fresh acidity is distinct from the avocado. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt.
- Transfer the guacamole to a wide dish and sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top. Because of the acid in the pineapple, this salsa will not discolor as quickly as other guacamoles.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours with a piece of plastic wrap pressed against the surface. Let it come to room temperature before you serve it.
Next I made a classic that my whole family loves which is Black Bean, Avocado and Corn Salsa! I love the hint of lime in this one!
- 1/4 vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime peel grated
- 1 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 fully ripe Avocados from Mexico halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- In large bowl, whisk together salad dressing, scallions, cilantro and lime peel.
- Stir in beans, corn and red pepper.
- Add Avocado; toss gently.
- Season with salt, if desired.
I also made a wonderful classic which is the Big Time Avocado Salsa! You can beat a favorite like this!
- 2 Avocados from Mexico peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 3 T cilantro chopped
- 2 T jalapeno chopped
- 2 T lime juice
- 1/2 t salt
- In bowl, toss Avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with tortilla chips or sliced vegetables, if desired.
After you have made these tasty snacks be sure to join us on Sunday, February 1 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST, we’re having a #gno Twitter party with Avocados From Mexico. What a perfect way to gear up for the big game! #FirstDraftEver
Make up an easy Dip Platter for Game Day! Such a fun way to serve Hot Wings! #ad #GameTimeHero
Turtle Cheesecake Dip has all the flavors that are in a Turtle Cheesecake, but it’s no bake and only takes a few minutes to make! This is a great recipe to have for a crowd and you can serve it up with many different sides. I created my Turtle Cheesecake Dip using Hershey’s™ Spreads as …