Have you ever wanted to combine two of your favorite comfort foods into one amazing dish? Well, get ready to have your taste buds thrilled with the deliciousness of Mac and Cheese Pizza!
Mac and Cheese Pizza is a cheese lovers delight! This pizza is loaded with macaroni noodles in a creamy cheese sauce and then topped with even more cheese.
While regular pizza has tomato sauce and various toppings, Mac and Cheese Pizza takes a different route. Instead of tomato sauce, there’s a layer of mouthwatering mac and cheese that’s gooey and irresistible. The first bite full of cheese, creamy noodles and crispy crust is a whole new world. Mac and Cheese pizza is a favorite that will be put on our meal rotation from now on.
In this recipe, I made a cheese sauce with 5 different cheeses, butter and heavy whipping cream. I poured a little of the sauce on the pizza crust and also drenched the noodles in it as well. Once the macaroni and cheese topping is on the crust the whole pizza gets covered in mozzarella cheese.
For the crust I used a refrigerated dough, but you can use your favorite recipe for pizza dough too. I personally like thin crust with this pizza. Feel free to use a regular or thick crust as well if that’s your preference.
With Mac and Cheese Pizza, it’s fun to get creative and enjoy a fusion of flavors.
Try these tips and suggestions to craft a pizza that’s sure to impress.
- Balance the Cheeses: Combining parmesan, an Italian 5 cheese blend and creamy mozzarella, will give your pizza a delightful complexity.
- Pre-Bake the Crust: To avoid a soggy crust, consider pre-baking it for a few minutes before adding the mac and cheese. This ensures your pizza remains crispy even under the cheesy goodness.
- Macaroni Texture: Slightly undercook the macaroni before adding it to the pizza. It will continue cooking in the oven, resulting in a perfect al dente texture in the final dish.
- Baking Order: For ingredients like bacon or chicken, pre-cook them slightly before placing them on the pizza. This ensures they cook evenly and become deliciously crispy in the oven.
- Mac and Cheese layer: Add an even layer of mac and cheese on top of the pizza before adding the cheese. Don’t pile it on too high unless you are using a thick crust that can handle a large amount of topping.
- Finishing Touch: A sprinkle of fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or thyme just before serving can elevate the flavors and add a touch of vibrancy to your pizza.
- Perfect Slices: Use a sharp pizza cutter or knife to cut through the mac and cheese topping. A rocking motion with the knife helps achieve clean cuts.
- Buffalo Mac and Cheese Pizza: Incorporate cooked and shredded buffalo chicken into your mac and cheese topping. Drizzle with buffalo sauce before baking for a spicy kick.
- Caprese Mash Up: Top your mac and cheese layer with sliced fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze after baking for a Caprese-inspired delight.
- BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese Pizza: Spread a layer of tangy BBQ sauce on the crust before adding mac and cheese. Top with cooked diced BBQ chicken and red onions for a smoky, savory treat.
- Vegetarian Delight: Load up on roasted veggies like mushrooms, spinach, and caramelized onions to create a veggie-packed mac and cheese topping.
- Hawaiian: Combine mac and cheese with the sweetness of pineapple chunks and the savory goodness of ham for a unique Hawaiian twist.
- Truffle Elegance: Drizzle truffle oil over the mac and cheese topping before baking for an indulgent and luxurious flavor profile.
- Breakfast Mac and Cheese Pizza: Add cooked breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, and a sprinkle of crispy bacon to your mac and cheese topping for a hearty breakfast-inspired creation.
- Mediterranean: Top your mac and cheese layer with Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, and crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean-twist.
- Tex-Mex Fusion: Spice things up with toppings of seasoned ground beef, diced jalapenos, and a dollop of sour cream after baking.
- Dessert Twist: Create a sweet version by using macaroni coated in a sweet cream sauce and topping it with sliced bananas, chocolate chips, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
So, the next time you’re craving both pizza and mac and cheese, why choose when you can have the best of both worlds? Mac and Cheese Pizza is the ultimate comfort food mash-up! It’s perfect for sharing with friends, making for a party, or even as a special treat for yourself. Get ready to experience a whole new level of deliciousness with this mouthwatering fusion of flavors!
- For the Mac & Cheese:
- 1 pound macaroni elbow noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (for noodles)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- For pizza assembly:
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups whole milk mozzarella cheese, crumbled or shredded
- pizza dough for 2- 16 inch pizzas
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Boil water on stove in a large pot. Once water has reached a rapid boil, add the Macaroni noodles and boil until noodles are al dente. This will take around 8 mins boiling time. Then immediately the drain noodles in a strainer and place them back in the pot. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, stir well to cover noodles with oil and set the noodles aside.
- At the same time start the cheese sauce in a medium sized pot on medium heat. Add the butter first and let it melt. Then add heavy cream, garlic, salt and all the cheeses. Stir well to combine. Now make a cornstarch slurry using the corn starch and 2 Tbsp. of water. Pour this mixture into the pot and keep stirring until the cheeses completely melt and the sauce becomes creamy.
- In a small bowl, reserve 3/4 cup of the cheese sauce for spreading on the pizza dough. Combine the rest of the sauce with the macaroni noodles and mix well.
- Spread pizza dough on a prepared or non stick pizza pan and pre-bake for 5 mins. Remove from oven and start the assembly.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese mixture onto the pizza dough and sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of each pizza. Bake at 400° F (200° C) for around 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
Makes (2) 14-16 inch pizzas.
Use more or less mozzarella on top to taste.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g