This Guacamole Platter with a fresh citrus guacamole recipe is the perfect party platter for any celebration! I am also sharing my new favorite guacamole recipe… it’s so amazing! The tangy lime and orange juices pair perfectly with the fresh poblano peppers. I love adding the orange, tomato and avocado garnishes which make a colorful guacamole party tray. This platter would be perfect for any Cinco de Mayo celebrations or any party that needs a pop of bright colors.
We love guacamole in our household. I remember the first time I tried guacamole was at my godparents house. Whenever we had Mexican food it was almost always with her. That’s why guacamole will forever be attached to the special memories I have with her growing up. Over the years I’ve tried different guacamole recipes, but they always have to use fresh avocados like hers does!
Guacamole is a great dip on it’s own, but why not create a fun platter for a special occasion. My favorite part of this whole platter is the avocado rose. It gives this platter such a fun visual appeal! Creating an avocado rose is not only delicious but also a beautiful way to present this creamy fruit. The oranges and tomatoes add a nice pop of color to complete this fun party platter!
Here’s how to assemble an avocado rose for this guacamole platter:
- Ripe avocado
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Lemon or lime juice
- Choose a Ripe Avocado: Make sure your avocado is perfectly ripe. It should give slightly when gently squeezed but not be mushy.
- Slice the Avocado in Half: Next, carefully cut the avocado in half lengthwise using a sharp knife. Make a smooth cut, rotating the avocado around the knife. Hold the avocado with one hand and gently twist the two halves apart.
- Remove the Pit: To do this safely, place the avocado half with the pit on the cutting board, and gently tap the pit with the sharp edge of your knife until it lodges in the pit. Then, twist the knife slightly to release the pit. Be very cautious when doing this, as it can be a bit tricky.
- Peel the Avocado: Use your fingers to gently peel away the skin from each avocado half. Start at the narrower end and carefully lift the skin away from the flesh.
- Slice the Avocado: Lay one of the peeled avocado halves flat on your cutting board, cut-side down. Now, make very thin, even slices from one end to the other. The slices should be about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Fan Out the Slices: Nest, carefully lift the sliced avocado half and gently fan out the slices in a slightly curved line. This will be the base of your rose.
- Create the Rose: Starting at one end of the fanned-out slices, gently roll the avocado inward. Keep rolling until you’ve created the desired size of your rose. You can make it as small or large as you like, depending on the number of slices and how tightly you roll them.
- Place the Rose: Once you’ve rolled the avocado into a rose shape, gently transfer it to the platter.
Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be discouraged if your first avocado rose doesn’t turn out exactly as you hoped. It’s a fun and artistic way to enjoy this nutritious fruit, and with a bit of practice, you’ll be creating stunning avocado roses in no time!
Tips for using avocados in a guacamole platter:
- Keep guacamole fresh: To keep guacamole green, sprinkle some lemon or lime juice on tip
- Pick ripe avocados: Fresh avocados have dark, pebbly skin and yield to gentle pressure
- Speed up the ripening process: To speed up ripening, put avocados in a brown paper bag with a banana or apple.
- Slow down ripening: To slow down ripening, place the avocado in the fridge. If you don’t use a full avocado, sprinkle the unused half with lemon/lime and put in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 3 fresh Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 yellow or white onion chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 small orange
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp . seasoned salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- For the platter garnishes:
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- 1 tomato sliced and then each slice halved
- 3 small oranges sliced thin
- 1 lime
- Use 3 of the Avocados From Mexico for the guacamole. Take out the seeds and peel the avocados with a spoon.
- Mash them in a medium sized bowl and squeeze the juice of one lime over them.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- To set up the platter: Make an avocado rose by thinly slicing one avocado.
- Next, start pulling the slices into a ring shape.
- Finish the rose by tightly coiling the avocado around itself. Try not to press too hard or the avocado will mash.
- Use a thin spatula to transport the avocado to the platter being careful to only touch the bottom.
- Next, squeeze lime juice on the avocado rose so it stays fresh looking.
- Assembly: Add the sliced oranges to the round platter first in a ring.
- Then, add the guacamole to the middle of the platter.
- Add the avocado rose to the middle, and the tomatoes around the avocado rose.
- Serve with chips or veggies and enjoy!
Serving Size2 Tbsp.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 0mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 9gSugar 7gProtein 3g
#mv-trellis-comments > div > div:nth-child(4) > div:nth-child(2)