This easy way to make avocado salsa in three ways is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mom It Forward Blogger Network and Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are my own.
It’s time for the Big Game and I thought I would share with you some easy snacks we have made this year to celebrate! No football game-day party is complete without snacks made with Avocados from Mexico.
So I made Avocado Salsa in three different ways!
Avocados from Mexico are great to have around for a nutrtious and delicious snack. My local grocer always keeps them in stock and I make sure to buy a few when I go grocery shopping. Technically, because of its region and warm climate, Avocados from Mexico are always in season – the only avocados in the world that are.
I know you are going to love these tasty appetizers!
The first recipe I am sharing is this delicious Pineapple & Cucumber Guacamole. The sweet pineapple mingles well with the creamy avocados from Mexico. I also love the spicy kick it has with the jalapeños!
- 1 cucumber peeled, ½ inch, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles minced, including seeds, or more to taste
- juice from 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 3/4 fine salt or 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 2 large Avocados from Mexico or 4 small, halved and pitted
- 1/2 pineapple peeled, ½ inch, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, divided
- Stir together the cucumber, onion, chiles, lime juice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Score the flesh in the avocado halves in a cross-hatch pattern (not through the skin) with a knife and then scoop it with a spoon into the bowl and gently stir together (do not mash).
- Stir in half the cilantro and the pineapple last so the fresh acidity is distinct from the avocado. Season to taste with additional chile, lime juice, and salt.
- Transfer the guacamole to a wide dish and sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top. Because of the acid in the pineapple, this salsa will not discolor as quickly as other guacamoles.
- Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours with a piece of plastic wrap pressed against the surface. Let it come to room temperature before you serve it.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g