Easy Garlic Spinach dip is not only irresistibly creamy but also bursting with freshness. This delightful appetizer combines savory garlic and herbs with the fresh taste of spinach. Garlic and Spinach Dip is perfect for gatherings, parties, or simply indulging on a cozy evening. Get ready to make your taste buds happy with this tasty dip!
I think we can all agree, when it comes to party appetizers that steal the show, few can compete with the irresistible taste of a Garlic Spinach Dip. Whether you’re hosting a game night, a family gathering, or simply indulging your taste buds, this dip is a surefire hit.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Cream Cheese: Bring the cream cheese to room temperature before mixing so that it isn’t lumpy in the dip.
- Sour Cream: Alternatively, use yogurt for a healthy twist.
- Garlic cloves: Use either fresh or roasted whichever is your preference.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated for the best taste and texture, but pre-grated can be used in a pinch with great results.
- Italian Seasoning: This gives the dip a zesty & herbal flavor.
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Salt: I prefer sea salt for this dip.
I love that this recipe is made without having to bake it in the oven so it can be made in a jiffy.
Tips and suggestions to try:
- Whip Up the Base: I always make sure to really whip well the softened cream cheese and sour cream to give it the best texture. Use a hand mixer, stand mixer or a sturdy spatula to blend them until you achieve a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Roasted garlic: Try it with roasted garlic for a flavorful twist. Roasted garlic has a more subtle taste and so I suggest adding in around 3-4 cloves of roasted garlic to taste if you try this twist.
- Chill and Serve: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dip chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. This allows the flavors to meld beautifully.
- Presentation: When it’s time to serve, give the dip a final stir to ensure all the flavors are evenly distributed. Serve it with an array of dippables like tortilla chips, pita bread, fresh veggies, or even toasted baguette slices.
One of the things I love most about this dip is its versatility. More than just a crowd-pleasing appetizer, it can also be used as a dip or spread with various dishes. You can spread it on sandwiches for a gourmet twist or use it as a spread for wraps. Additionally, dollop it onto a baked potato for an extra layer of yum.
The next time you’re looking for a dip that elevates your appetizer game, remember this Garlic Spinach Dip recipe. With every scoop and bite, you’ll experience a burst of flavors that is guaranteed to delight. Whether it’s a casual get-together or a special occasion, this tasty dip will be a hit.
Here are some more delicious dips that are perfect for any occasion:
- 1 package (10 to 11 oz.)frozen spinach cooked and drained of excess juices *
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or 3-4 cloves of roasted garlic chopped)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- dash salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer** add the room temperature cream cheese first to a large bowl or the mixing bowl and beat on high for a minute.
- Next add the sour cream by the spoonful to make sure it gets blended well.
- Next add the spinach, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, salt pepper and parmesan cheese and mix on low speed until everything is blended.
- Serve right away or chilled with chips, bread, or pita chips.
*I like using the bags of spinach that can be prepared in the microwave and then squeeze as much juice out with my hands.
**For best results use a hand or stand mixer, but you can mix by hand using the same method as above. Mixture may be slightly less creamy, but it will be just as yummy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g