I created Tuscan-Style Sausage Potato Skins as a Ragú® #NewTraDish mash up recipe the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars.
Can you believe that Football Season is halfway over already? It doesn’t seem possible to me, but that means that the games are getting more exciting with each kick off!!! I love to cook up easy appetizers for the family to have ready while we watch the games. For this last game I had a couple of easy recipes from Ragú® in mind. I ended up taking two of the Ragú® recipes and made a Ragú® New TraDish by combining them. I used the Ragú® recipe for Saucy Roasted Potatoes and the Ragú® recipe for Tuscan-Style Sausage Sandwiches and made these Tuscan-Style Sausage Potato Skins! They are so delicious and this is definitely going to be a new “Tra-Dish” for us!
This recipe is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. Potato skins are always a hit and these are a great way to change up the traditional version. The Ragú® Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce was perfect for this recipe and I love the way the mushrooms tasted with the other ingredients. Ragú® sauces have a delicious taste the whole family will love and so I always keep a few jars in the pantry.
I also added Italian sausage, spinach, onions and a little garlic to the mix. Top it with Italian Cheese mix to make it extra yummy and cheesy!
These were such a hit with everyone and I know I will be asked to make them again and again!
- 1 Jar of Ragú® Mushroom Sauce
- 5 to 6 large red potatoes
- 1 pound Sweet or Spicy Italian Sausage without the casing
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 box of Frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tsp . minced dry garlic
- 1 cup Italian Cheese mix
- optional Italian seasoning for sprinkling
- Wrap potatoes in plastic wrap individually and cook on high in the microwave for 10 to 12 minutes until the centers of the potatoes are soft. Meanwhile start browning the sausage. Add the onion, garlic and spinach to the sausage after about 3 minutes and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked. Turn the heat down to a simmer and add the Ragú® Mushroom Sauce. As this simmers take out the potatoes and scoop the middle out of each one. (be careful because they will be hot!) Leave about 1/4 of an inch of potato in each one. Add the sausage mixture to each potato and top with cheese and a little Italian Seasoning. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Watch them in the oven to make sure the cheese does not brown. Take out and place on a platter. Serve with additional Ragú® Mushroom Sauce for dipping if desired or just serve as is. Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste American family’s love and a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes. If you would like to get involved with Ragú® sauce masters on Crowdtap click here. Visit Facebook for additional delicious and easy Ragú® recipe ideas and visit Pinterest for additional recipes mash ups and recipe ideas. Also check out Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #NewTraDish for other Ragú® New TraDishes.