Tomato Basil Baked Spaghetti has a cheese, tomato & basil topping that is baked with delicious spaghetti and sauce!
This is a wonderful weeknight dinner idea that can be prepped ahead of time and cooked in the oven. Thank you to Ragu for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me pass on my family traditions.
Sundays were always the day that we spent the most time together as a family when I was growing up. After church, we would always either go out to lunch with friends or my mom would have something cooking in the crockpot for when we got home. We’ve made it a point to keep this tradition going with our own family as much as possible. One of the dishes I remember my mom making the most was Spaghetti with pasta sauce. It was a simple dish for her to make and she didn’t mind making it often.
This Tomato Basil Baked Spaghetti reminds me of those Sunday traditions and my mom’s spaghetti with RAGÚ pasta sauce.
I prefer using the RAGÚ Hearty Traditional Pasta Sauce for this recipe because it adds such a nice tomato flavor. You can substitute any of the RAGÚ tomato based pasta sauces in this recipe though. RAGÚ has no artificial flavors, no artificial flavors and no high fructose corn syrup and uses farm grown ingredients. It’s been trusted since 1937 and it’s always affordable. It’s the kind I remember my mom using the most too!
This recipe will definitely become one of our Sunday traditions.
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles cooked al dente and mixed with 2 Tbsp. of butter while hot
- 1 Jar RAGÚ pasta sauce, I used the Hearty Traditional
- 8 oz . cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz . fresh mozzarella cut into thin slices
- 2 small tomatoes cut into thin slices
- 5 basil leaves broken into pieces
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the RAGÚ pasta sauce, cream cheese, heavy cream, parmesan, shredded mozzarella and garlic together in a mixing bowl. Mix on high for several minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and pour the spaghetti into it. Add the mixture on top and mix it with the spaghetti until combined. On top of the spaghetti and mixture place the fresh mozzarella evenly. Add tomatoes evenly on top of the mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly. Add the basil on top and serve. Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
This is a seriously good meal and we love how creamy and cheesy is! It’s sort of like lasagna, but easier to eat! I hope you’ll try it. Be sure to visit the “Our Story” section on the RAGÚ website to learn more about the heritage and for recipes!