This delicious recipe for Snail Rolls is a sponsored post on behalf of ACH brands. #BecomeABetterBaker
The last couple of days have been beautiful in our neck of the woods. I found myself stepping outside to catch a breath of fresh air all day long. My kids have also had fun outside and my middle daughter even found a snail crawling around! Life is bursting forth from the cold winter and we are definitely enjoying it. Awhile back I found a recipe for Porcupine Rolls on the Fleischmann’s® Yeast website and thought they would be so fun to make. I changed up the recipe a little and made the rolls into these cute Snail Rolls to celebrate the spring.
Food is always a great way to get people together, especially for a worthy cause. Fleishmann’s® Yeast has launched the Baking A Difference campaign to benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® initiative. All across America, families are struggling with hunger—and it’s children who are often hit the hardest. Interested in getting involved? Start by hosting a bake sale in your area. These Snail Rolls would make a great bake sale treat because they are eye-catching AND delicious! You can be a part of the solution and help to end hunger in your community. To find out more information, please click here for your Bake Sale Starter Kit.
These are just adorable and I love how this recipe turned out. I added just a bit of cinnamon for a kick of flavor. I also used Fleischmann’s® Yeast for the best results. I’ve always trusted Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast when baking all different kinds of breads and it has always worked for me!
The kids all had fun helping me roll up the snail shells. Just make sure that your strips of bread dough are long enough so that the roll keeps its shape!
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Tsp . Spice Islands® Ground Cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- Sliced OR slivered almonds 2 per roll- around 32
- Combine bread flour, brown sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and cinnamon in a large mixer bowl. Heat water, corn syrup and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add liquids to flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Stir in enough whole wheat flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 16 equal long strips. Form each piece into a snail shape by rolling up one end and place on large greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut slits using the end of a sharp knife into the tops where the almonds will go. Place an almond slice in each slit.
- Place rolls in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Brush with butter if desired.
- To make muffin pan rolls: Cut dough into 12 to 16 equal pieces depending on desired size of rolls. Place balls in greased muffin cups of standard (2-1/2 inch) muffin pans. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rolls in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush baked rolls with melted butter, if desired. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- TIP: Use these rolls to make tasty mini sandwiches or serve as hearty dinner rolls.
- The kids all had fun helping me roll up the snail shells. Just make sure that your strips of bread dough are long enough so that the roll keeps its shape!
If you love to make your own baked goods, then be sure to visit the Fleischmann’s® Yeast Website. It has so many great recipes to try and I especially love how great this one turned out!