We are experiencing some very Arctic conditions in my state right now. Snow and ice are not something that we are used to here, but I have to admit that it has really made me get in the Christmas mood! I’ve been baking a lot of holiday treats lately and these Gooey Cinnamon Butter Bars are one of my recent favorites. I love the buttery taste of these bars with the warm cinnamon topping. They would be great to serve at a party or wrap up as a gift to someone for the holidays!
I used simple ingredients for this dessert. Land O Lakes butter, Cream Cheese, eggs, powdered sugar and a white cake mix! So easy!
I buy Land O Lakes butter from Walmart because I love the fresh taste and creaminess of it. I can always tell a difference in my baked goods when I use a quality butter like Land O Lakes.
If you are wondering: These bars are different than the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake version. I made these bars to where they are easily slice-able and you can hold them in your hands without getting a gooey mess all over. They are also easy to transport or give as gifts! Don’t tell the die hard original Ooey Gooey fans, but I like these better!!! 😉
Cinnamon Butter Gooey Goodness… yes these are!
I wish I could send you some through the screen, but I guess writing out the recipe will have to do. Enjoy!
Gooey Cinnamon Butter Bars!
- For the cake bar layer:
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick Land O Lakes butter 1/2 cup
- 1 eggs
- For the Gooey Layer:
- 1 8 oz . package of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp . of Land O Lakes butter softened
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 2 eggs
- For the Cinnamon Topping:
- 2 Tbsp . Sugar
- 1 tsp . Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For cake bar layer:
- Melt 1 stick butter. Mix melted butter, cake mix and 1 egg in a medium bowl until well mixed. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan that is either greased or has parchment paper on the bottom. Make sure this layer is even before going to the next layer.
- For the Gooey Layer.
- Mix butter and cream cheese together in a mixer on high until smooth. Add 2 eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth and pour on top of the cake bar layer.
- For the Cinnamon Topping.
- Mix Cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the Gooey layer. Make sure to sprinkle evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Bars may have a cracking look on the top and this is fine. Do not let the edges get too brown... Enjoy!
You have a chance to win a $250 gift card from Walmart. To enter do the following:
1. Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest, user: LandoLakesKtchn
2. Enter your email in the form and click “Enter”
3. Pin the image to any of your Pinterest Boards
4. Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites
1 Winner will be selected at random and they can only enter once!
Contest runs 11/25/13-1/14/14