Do you ever get a craving for something salty AND sweet? These Peanut M&M Pretzel Bars are sure to hit the spot! The sweetness of the chocolate and saltiness of the peanuts and pretzels are perfect in this easy treat! They are also great to bring to any get together. Everyone will love them!
I LOVE using M&M’s in recipes! They are so colorful and the candy coating adds a nice crunch to whatever I am baking. I just love how the bars turned out with all the colorful Peanut M&M’s and the contrasting dark chocolate… yum!
You could get by with using the Medium sized bag of M&M’s for these, but I recommend the large sized bag if you like to nibble while baking (like I do)! lol I always find them at Walmart at a great price.
Peanut M&M Pretzel Bars are great for serving at parties because they don’t dry out like a cake or something that needs refrigeration.
Chocolate and peanuts…
and Peanut M&M’s!!! It doesn’t get any better than that!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Peanut M&M Pretzel Bars!
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup ground pretzels measure after grinding
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. melted salted butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels for topping
- 1 1/2 cups Peanut M&M's
- ) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment. The parchment paper should hang over the ends to make a sling for lifting out of the pan.
- ) For the crust: with a fork mix the flour, ground pretzels, and sugar. Add the melted butter and mix until it becomes a soft dough (will not be a wet dough).
- ) Press dough into the pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Don't let the crust brown. Let this cool completely before next step.
- ) For the filling: Melt and temper the chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave. Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pour the filling over the crust.
- ) Spread the filling evenly over the crust, and tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles. Top the filling with the pretzels and Peanut M&M's
- ) Chill in the freezer for 45 to 60 minutes. Use the parchment paper sling to lift the bars out of the pan. Slice into squares or bars. You can serve frozen; just chilled, or at room temperature — these bars are great no matter how you serve them!