This recipe for Flame Grilled Chicken Quesadillas is Sponsored by NatureRaised Farms®. All opinions are my own.
When I was 18 I took up a job as a waitress at a well known Tex-Mex restaurant in our town. I was often asked if I ever got tired of the food, but the answer was always no. I loved Tex-Mex and always have. I especially loved the quesadillas in particular that they served and often wondered how to make them on my own. I learned the key to great quesadillas is using quality ingredients. This Flame Grilled Chicken Quesadilla recipe I found on the NatureRaised Farms® Pinterest page was exactly the recipe I was looking for.
I find the NatureRaised Farms® chicken at Target and I love their selection of all natural, no antibiotics ever and 100% vegetarian diet chicken. It’s important to me to have quality natural products for my family and that’s why I love the NatureRaised Farms® chicken. For the quesadillas I got the NatureRaised Farms® Gluten Free Grilled Chicken Breast Strips which worked perfectly in this recipe. Be sure to check out the Target cartwheel offer for NatureRaised Farms® chicken too. This coupon will be active from 10/25-11/7 2015.
Fresh and natural just tastes so good! These quesadillas are on par with any top restaurant quesadillas, but I actually know what is in them. Just the freshest and best for our family!
This recipe is also very quick and easy. For our large family size the grill is the best way to cook up a lot of food in no time!
Flame Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
- 4-6 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs I used the Grilled Chicken variety for this
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2½ Tablespoons lime juice
- 2½ Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle pepper ground, dry
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Smoky Chipotle Lime Crema
- 8 ounce Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo puréed
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 4 12- inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup black beans drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup applewood-smoked bacon fully-cooked, diced
- 8 ounces pico de gallo fresh
- Chipotle Pepper and
- Citrus Marinated Chicken
- Preheat open-flame grill to medium-low.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, lime and orange juices, chipotle peppers and salt; whisk to blend. Add the chicken thighs and toss to evenly coat.
- Grill the seasoned chicken thigh pieces for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat diagonally slice chicken. Transfer sliced chicken to a clean container and set aside.
- Smoky Chipotle Lime Crema
- Combine the crema, chipotle pepper, and lime juice in a bowl; whisk to blend, and set aside.
- Lay flour tortillas on a clean work surface. Evenly divide Cheddar cheese, black beans, and chicken over half of the tortilla. Top with bacon and pico de gallo. Fold to close (half-moon style). Using a long spatula, place the folded quesadilla on an open flame grill and heat for 3 minutes on each side or until the cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges. Serve with smoky chipotle lime crema (see recipe).
- Chef's Note
- This quesadilla also tastes great paired with a side of guacamole for dipping. The smoky chipotle lime crema can also be drizzled across the top of the quesadilla.
What is your favorite recipe using NatureRaised Farms® Chicken?
Social post & recipe is sponsored by NatureRaised Farms® Chicken but all comments and opinions are organically my own.