This Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole with Veggies post is sponsored by Acorn Influence. All opinions are my own.
It’s the dish that a lot of us think of when we are in great need of comfort and healing. This “souper” dish I am speaking of is chicken noodle soup, of course! I introduce all my kids early on to the deliciousness of chicken noodle soup! Chicken noodle soup is a warm and hearty soup that I grew up with and I am so glad that they love it too. I like to save time by buying Progresso traditional chicken noodle soup so that we can enjoy it anytime. I also like to experiment with it in other dishes every once in a while because Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodles soup makes a base to other great dishes. That’s why I always like to keep several cans in our pantry. This Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole with Veggies is just as comforting as the soup version and is easily made with just a few ingredients!
Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole with Veggies starts out with 3 cans of Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodles soup and then just a few other ingredients. The prep is so quick and easy! Progresso uses quality ingredients including antibiotic free, all white meat chicken and I can always find it easily at Walmart.
Now that we are headed toward the colder days of fall/ winter… this will be a warm and welcoming meal for everyone!
- 3 cans Progresso Rich & Hearty Chicken & Homestyle Noodles soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Crushed saltine crackers or cheddar crackers
- Heat oven to 350°F. Separate the liquid broth from the noodles and keep in separate bowls. Use only 1 1/3 cups of the broth and either discard or save the rest of the broth for another dish.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until thickened.
- Stir in noodles and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and casserole is bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Chicken Noodle Soup Casserole with Veggies is an easy weeknight dinner idea that my family loves!