This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of P&G at Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Berry Melon Fruit Bowls and Easy Summer Party Prep is sponsored by P&G at Walmart. All opinions are my own.
I’ve always loved summertime because it meant more time spent with friends and family. Now that we are settled into our new house, we’ve hosted plenty of parties and get-togethers. I had almost forgotten how much time it takes to plan even a simple get together while living in our apartment. One of the best things I’ve done recently is stock up on supplies that we always use for entertaining. I’ve also been making lists of super easy recipes that take hardly any time to prepare, but are simply delicious!
That’s why I love Berry Melon Fruit Bowls so much! Using small melons means there is less mess and less time prepping.
Berry Melon Fruit Bowls make a lovely centerpiece to any summer party and are always a favorite part of the meal. I like to serve them on ice which keeps the fruit cold and refreshing.
Sometimes having guests over means that we need to prep within hours. This often happens with close friends and family when we decide to get together on a whim. I like to stock up on items I am using constantly at Walmart. Items like Bounty Select a Size Paper Towels, Dawn Original Dishwashing Soap and Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper are must haves when having guests. I also make sure to have personal essentials like Pampers Pure Protection Diapers and Crest Gum Detoxify Toothpaste stocked up so I don’t have to make a time-consuming trip to the store and in case we
have overnight guests, or friends with little ones..
Bounty Paper Towels come in handy for just about everything! The party prep can get a little messy and so I keep them handy at all times. As you can see I definitely needed them while cutting up all the fruit!
I love making the Berry Melon Fruit Bowls the centerpiece on the table! They are so pretty and tasty. Everyone loves a fruit salad!
- 1 personal size watermelon
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1 small honeydew melon (I used a golden variety)
- 6 oz strawberries sliced
- 6 oz blueberries
- 3 oz raspberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- Take the melons and cut each of them 1/3 of the way from the top. The bottom part will be the bowl and the top you'll use to make the melon balls. Ball as much of the melons as you can and place the balls in a large bowl. and Scoop out the rest of the flesh from the bottom of the melons to make your melon bowls hollow and the scooped out fruit should be stored separately because it will not be in the bowls. I like to leave a little ring of flesh on the inside of the melons for color. To make the bottom of the melons stay stable... cut a small piece of each melon bowl on the very bottom to make a small flat area. You should only cut superficially and be careful not to cut too deep into the flesh.
- Next slice up the strawberries and place them into the bowl with the melon balls. Then add the rest of the berries and carefully toss the fruits together.
- Add the melon berry mixture to each of your melon bowls and serve on ice if you want them cold for entertaining. Otherwise store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day... after this the fruits begin to get too soggy.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
When the party prep is over I grab my Dawn dishwashing soap and go to town on the dishes before guests arrive. I always use Dawn because my plumber told me to use only Dawn dishwashing soap… true story! He said it’s absolutely best on keeping pipes clean and I will trust what he says! I like it because it cleans my dishes so well. You can find Dawn Original for your next party at Walmart.
What are your favorite recipes and prep ideas for summer entertaining? We had a blast at our most recent summer get together and I was glad we stocked up on all our favorite essentials at Walmart!