What is better than a fresh grilled hot dog? A Barbecue Bacon Hot Dog, of course. Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs are first wrapped in bacon and grilled to perfection. Then they are brushed with barbecue sauce for an amazing taste combination.
Two of my most favorite foods in the world are bacon and barbecue. I love the smoky sweet flavor of barbecue and of course bacon just can’t be beat with it’s salty smoky goodness. These barbecue bacon hotdogs are a new favorite meal of ours and really hit the spot for new and exciting recipe to try.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BACON BARBECUE HOT DOGS PLEASE!
If you’d rather skip my tips and suggestions and get straight to this deliciously easy Backyard Barbecue Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Barbecue Bacon Hotdogs are perfect to make in the summertime or anytime everyone wants to gather outdoors. They take very little time to prepare and so they make a great recipe for a crowd as well as a weeknight meal for the family. Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs are a welcome change to traditional preparations of hot dogs and they are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
I buy all the items like Tyson®, Lipton® Iced Tea Bags, and Ball Park® products through Walmart grocery pickup which saves me so much time.
Ball Park® Hot Dogs andBall Park® Hot Dog Buns are perfect to use for these yummy Barbecue Bacon hot Dogs. Just wrap a piece of bacon around the hot dog and grill until the bacon is crispy. Next baste the hot dogs with some of your favorite barbecue sauce and serve on Ball Park® Buns.
Tips for grilling hot dogs wrapped with bacon:
- Get a thin cut bacon. The bacon should be thin cut so it will cook up fast and get nice and crispy. The hot dogs will cook faster with thin cut bacon as well. It’s also easier to wrap the hot dogs with a thin cut bacon.
- Use 1 piece of bacon for each hot dog. Make sure you buy as much bacon slices as you have hot dogs. This will ensure that the whole hot dogs is wrapped up.
- Try different flavors of bacon. Maple bacon, applewood smoked bacon and even brown sugar bacon all taste great with this recipe. I love that this recipe is so simple and yet could have many variations.
- Try different barbecue flavors. Most smoky sweet barbecue flavors work great with Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs. We used a mild barbecue but go spicy if you like it hot! A sprinkle of some barbecue rub would also taste nice… just go easy on anything with salt.
Side suggestions for Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs:
- Barbecue Baked Beans. No barbecue is complete around here without them.
- Yellow Corn on the Cob. Corn is great to grill right along with the hot dogs.
- Pasta Salad. A tangy pasta salad works great alongside the sweetness from the barbecue.
- Green Beans. These are always a great barbecue staple. Add plenty of butter!
- Potato Salad. We love a good potato salad. Mustard based for my husband and mayo based for me.
- Salad. Freshen things up with a light salad with dressing. This is our favorite side dish for hot summer days.
Of course you can’t have a backyard barbecue without some delicious Lipton® Iced Tea! We always make a big pitcher full to keep everyone hydrated throughout the meal. My kids love iced tea, but a pitcher of lemonade for the kids (and adults) is always welcomed.
Family backyard barbecues never fail to bring the whole family together. Our family loves the change of pace and a backyard barbecue will always be a fun family tradition in our home. Not to mention that Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs will be making it on our menu for backyard barbecues from now on. I’ve already had many requests to make them again a couple of times!
Be sure to check out Walmart Grocery for a super easy way to shop and pickup groceries! I love that I can order on my laptop or phone and then pickup the groceries later. The employees are always so nice and always delivery right to my van. It’s one of those services that you wonder how you even functioned without it! It gives me more time for making memories and backyard barbecues! 🙂
It’s not often that everyone in our family loves a food this much! My kids definitely give Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs a big thumbs up.
What are your favorite meal ideas for a backyard barbecue? Will you be trying out Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs? If you love them please let us know in the comments below and give us a 5⭐️ review if you do!
Barbecue Bacon Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 thin cut slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 hot dog buns
Turn on the grill to medium heat. The grill should be hot when putting the hot dogs on top. Also, the grill should be relatively clean with a smooth surface so the bacon doesn't stick to it. You can spray the grill with a grill cooking oil beforehand to prevent it from sticking.
Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each hot dog in a spiral. Make sure to wrap them end to end. If the bacon is not sticking to the hot dog then you can add a toothpick to secure it to each end. Remove the toothpicks before putting them onto the hot dog buns.
Put the bacon wrapped hot dog on the grill and grill until the bacon is crispy and browned. Lightly brush the hot dog with the barbecue sauce at the end of grilling.
Serve on a warm hot dog bun. Enjoy!