Bacon wrapped apples with a sweet touch of cinnamon and sugar are an appetizer you must try. Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bites are amazing and simple to make! We love the sweet and salty combo and like to serve these for any occasion! This post contains affiliate links for the support of this blog.
Since making the Sriracha Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites last week I have been thinking of other foods to wrap in bacon. Sometimes the simplest of ingredients produce the best tasting results. It’s not hard to make a bacon taste good of course, but these Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bites are out of this world good!
I love the pairing of the sweet apples with cinnamon and sugar wrapped up in bacon. Since these Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bites have a touch of Cinnamon they would be perfect for Thanksgiving or a Christmas party. Of course you don’t need to wait until you throw a party to try these!!!
To serve these up I suggest using toothpicks and placing them on a tray. They are easier to just pick up that way and if you serve them in a bowl then they will be eaten so much faster.
For whatever reason people take less when things have a toothpick in them! That’s not to say that these won’t be gone in 60 seconds, but maybe the last person to fill their plate might get some! lol
Tips and suggestions for making Bacon Wrapped Apples:
- Gala, fuji or golden delicious apples are the best taste and texture. I try to stick to the apples that have a little tartness, but are still sweet. I also like to pick apples that are not too ripe or varieties that will get too mushy. Any apple that you would bake in a pie other than a granny smith (too sour) would be great for these easy appetizers.
- Use plenty of cinnamon and sugar on the outside of the bacon. You should be able to see a thin layer of the cinnamon sugar on the outside before baking. I like to add even more once they are finished cooking too.
- Cut the apples into a small size chunk for best results. Smaller sized chunks allow the apples to cook up to a soft (but still have a bite to them) without burning the bacon. Cut them down to around 1 inch long and 1/3 inch tall. You don’t have to get out the tape measurer, but keeping them all roughly the same size will help them cook more evenly.
- Choose thin sliced bacon over thicker cuts. The thicker cuts of bacon are too thick for this particular recipe. Thin bacon will cook up faster and allow the apples to also cook quicker.
- Bake until the edges of the bacon are deep brown and crispy. The edges should be a deep brown color especially since there is sugar on these. I love that caramelized bacon sugar! Yum!
Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bites are so simple and amazing! I know we will be making these often for the holidays and other get-togethers.
Here are some other yummy appetizers to try out!
Follow me on social media or sign up for emails, so you never miss a post!
If you LOVE this recipe, please consider giving us a five star rating below. You can also share your pictures of the recipe on Instagram and tag #sprinklesomefun so I can see it!
- 1 pound of bacon with each slice cut in half
- 2 large peeled apples cut into 1 inch slices
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling, affiliate link
- toothpicks for bacon and apples, affiliate link
- Preheat oven to a low broil or 400 degrees. Wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around each apple slice until you run out of bacon. Place each bacon bite on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle each bacon bite with the cinnamon sugar. Bake around 10 minutes each side or until the bacon is a deep brown and crisp on the edges. Take from heat and sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top. Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Be sure to check out all my other easy appetizer recipes too! From creamy dips to fancier hors d’oeuvres
there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Here are some more BACON appetizers!