My husband is a glutton for punishment when it comes to spicy foods. He will often eat habaneros, jalepenos and all kinds of peppers until his face turns red. His version of “too spicy” is totally different than my “too spicy” for sure.
These Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites have a Sriracha Teriyaki Glaze that gives them a delicious sweet heat.
This is a Sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine.
These bites are just the right blend for me so that they are not too spicy, but they still have a nice kick. If you are anything like my husband then you will think these are a just “little bit” spicy! If you want to add more heat to the recipe then just add more of the hot sauce before dipping.
I like to make him a special batch with extra hot sauce added in!
We made these recently for a get together and they were gone really quickly! What’s not to love about chicken and bacon with a little sweet heat? These would be the perfect game day appetizer or at a tailgating party. The Sriracha sauce we used for these is called CHA made by Texas Pete®.
I really like the Texas Pete® CHA because you can really taste the sweet-heat the best in this Sriracha sauce.
I am seriously drooling all over again just looking at these photos. The easiest way to make these is to get the chicken cut into small chunks to ensure even heating. You’ll also want to make sure to get a thin cut bacon for the best results.
This is such an easy appetizer that is sure to please. If you have little ones that won’t eat spicy foods then you can just omit the hot sauce. I do have some hot sauce loving kids that take after their dad so we usually make a separate batch for the ones that don’t care for spicy foods.
Connect with Sprinkle Some Fun!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
If you LOVE these sweet & spicy bacon wrapped chicken bites, be sure to to give us a five star review below! If you make this, please share a pic of it on Instagram. Just use the hashtag #sprinklesomefun so I can see it!
This Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites appetizer is the kind of recipe that never has leftovers. You’ll want to be sure to make plenty if you are making them for a party. This recipe makes 24 bites and most people want two or three… so this should help with the math!
If you love these then you might also love these Apple Cinnamon Bacon Bites! These would be great to serve together for any party spread.
Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- To make your own Sriracha Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites you will need:
- 1 pound bacon each strip cut in half
- 4 raw chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- 1-2 Tbsp Texas Pete® CHA! Sriracha Sauce or other Sriracha sauce 1 for mild 2 for more heat
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 24 toothpicks
- Mix soy sauce, Texas Pete® CHA! Sriracha Sauce, minced garlic, and sugar in a small bowl. Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around a peice of chicken. With your hands or a toothpick dip the bacon and chicken into the mixture.
- Place the bacon wrapped chicken that has been dipped onto a foil lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the chicken has been wrapped and dipped. Sprinkle all the bites with more brown sugar to get a good caramelization on the bacon.
- Broil on low for around 10 minutes and then turn the bacon bites over onto the other side. Then broil on low another 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully because ovens can be different. Turn the broil to high and broil for around 5 minutes each side or take out once the edges of the bacon have become dark and crisp. Transfer to a plate and stick toothpicks in them to serve!