A Cheese Waffle becomes the perfect bun for this delicious burger idea!
Why use store bought buns when you can have fresh from the waffle iron waffle buns? This is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
This is a sponsored post for Kraft and has affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Waffles are a favorite of mine and I love to change them up. I’ve been wanting to try them as a more savory meal like chicken and waffles. I decided to be a little daring with my waffles and made a Waffle Cheeseburger!
I know you are trying to imagine the taste of a Waffle Cheeseburger, but trust me it tastes like a bun… only better. The subtle sweetness from the cheese waffle adds so much depth of flavor to an otherwise ordinary meal.
Here are some tips for your waffle cheeseburger:
- When making your own waffle cheeseburger be sure to select quality items to make it with.
- Use Finely Shredded Kraft Colby Jack Cheese mixed into the waffle batter to make the waffles more savory.
- Keep toppings simple so that the taste of the cheese waffle would really come through.
- Use mayo on the bottom topped with the burger meat, Kraft Singles American Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Bacon!
My girls and I sampled the waffles before making them into burgers and we could have just eaten those as a meal. They were great! This burger has been deemed the best burger I have ever made according to my family!
For the best results, begin with a good waffle iron (affiliate link) for making your waffles!
You’ll have to trust me on this one…it’s the fresh cheese waffle that makes all the difference! So much better than store bought buns for sure! Let me know if you try it. What other toppings would you put on your waffle burger? These are great to serve at a tailgate party or any cookout! They will definitely impress your guests.
- dry buttermilk waffle mix, you will make according to the directions for 4 waffles except replace the oil with an equal amount of melted butter
- 1 cup of Kraft Finely Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 4 slices of Kraft Singles American Cheese
- 8 slices of bacon cooked
- 4 hamburger patties cooked
- slices of lettuce
- slices of tomato
- Kraft Mayo or your favorite burger condiment
- Mix waffle batter ingredients and shredded Colby jack cheese until it's a thick liquid consistency. Add more water in small amounts until it is pour-able but still thick. Cook in a waffle iron until browned. Remove from waffle iron and let cool. Make your hamburgers by layering on the ingredients for one burger on one waffle. Depending on the shape and size of your waffle iron you may need to use two waffles for one burger... My waffle iron is a Belgium Waffle Iron and makes a large waffle which I split in half for one serving or split into quarters for a small serving. Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g