This Vanilla Chai Tea Cupcakes with Vanilla Chai Mousse Topping recipe is a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericasTea #CollectiveBias
I know not everyone loves to bake, but for me there is nothing more soothing and therapeutic than baking during the holidays. Wether it’s an heirloom recipe or one that I am trying out for the first time… baking is something that I especially enjoy this time of year. I love how warm the house feels when I am baking up a treat! It’s the same feeling I get when I sit down to a hot cup of tea. The other day I was sipping some Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea and noticed how the Vanilla Chai flavor is so perfectly spiced. I knew that it would taste great baked into a cupcake and so I started working on this recipe for Vanilla Chai Tea Cupcakes with Vanilla Chai Mousse Topping! These taste amazing and the Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea gives the cupcakes and the Mousse a delicious spicy flavor. I also used Bigelow Salted Caramel flavored Tea in the Salted Caramel Sauce which really added a nice touch.
I always make sure to pick up Bigelow Tea Chai Tea and Bigelow Salted Caramel Tea when I am shopping at Walmart. Bigelow is my favorite brand of tea and I love the selection of teas they have. You can download a $.55 coupon for Bigelow tea here! I love Bigelow Tea for the great taste and also because Bigelow Tea is All American: 100% American made by an American Family; an American Company for the American consumer. Almost 4 million bags of tea have been sent to troops overseas with Bigelow’s Tea for Troops program.
Bigelow Tea’s Charleston Tea Plantation is America’s largest working tea garden. I have been there and can attest to the gorgeous scenery! Guests are invited to the Charleston Tea Plantation for weddings, tours and even a variety of music festivals. It’s a tea-riffic way to experience historic Southern culture and a living piece of American history! I highly recommend it if you live or travel out that way.
I think these cupcakes are a perfect way to experience the rich taste of Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea. This recipe is easy to make and tastes gourmet with the added tea flavors!
Vanilla Chai Tea Cupcakes w/ Vanilla Chai Mousse Topping!
- For the Cake:
- 1 box of White Cake Mix and ingredients to make the cake according to the box
- 2 Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea bags
- 1/4 tsp . Cardamom can leave out, but I recommend this for a stronger flavor
- For the Mousse:
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp . of dry Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea from the actual opened tea bag
- For the Salted Caramel Tea Drizzle:
- 1 bag of Bigelow Salted Caramel Tea steeped in 1/2 cup hot water for 4 minutes
- 20 unwrapped caramels
- To make the cake preheat oven to 350° F. Take the amount of water the Cake Mix calls for and use that amount heated up and steeped with 2 bags of the Bigelow Vanilla Chai tea. Let that cool before adding it into the cake mix. Prepare batter the way your cake mix calls for replacing the water with the steeped tea you just made and adding in the cardamom. Bake into cups or baking cups to make cupcakes and bake according to the box. Let these cool completely before adding the mousse.
- For the mousse:
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- For the caramel drizzle:
- On the stovetop add the caramels and 2 Tbsp. of the tea into a pot. Heat slowly and let the caramels melt. Add more tea 2 Tbsp. at a time and stirring each time until you get the consistency you want for the drizzle.