I made these trendy up-cycled Capri Sun headbands and bracelets using Capri Sun Juice Drink pouches as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CapriSunMomFactor #ad All opinions are my own! NOTE: Adult supervision is required for this activity.
My girls are loving their summer break and getting to play outside all day! Hot days are here to stay and I have been keeping Capri Sun Juice Drinks in the pantry for the girls to help them keep hydrated! My girls love the fun and fruity flavors of the Capri Sun Juice Drinks. Knowing that we will go through a lot of these over the course of the summer I decided to upcycle the empty pouches into headbands and bracelets!
I think they turned out so cute and the shiny silver pouches were perfect as trendy accessories! As you can see I made several variations of the headbands and bracelets.
Here is the supply list I will refer to in the tutorials.
1. Clean and Empty Capri Sun Juice Drink Pouches
2. Ribbon in 1 1/2 inch and 5/8 inch
3. Scissors and Pinking Sheers
4. Metal Headbands and Metal bracelets
5. Hair Bands (I used non slip)
6. Super Glue (make sure it works for metal and fabric)
There are basically 2 tutorials with variants of each to make each headband…
This first tutorial is for the Sweet Sunshine (3rd pic on styles) and the Itty Bitty Pretty One (6th pic on styles)
1. Cut the Capri Sun Juice Drink Pouches on the sides. You don’t need to measure just cut right along where the print meets the silver part. You will need 2 pouches for 3 strips.
2. Fold one strip into a bow by meeting the ends together in the middle and then glue it in place (A little dab is all you need). Cut 2 cm off another strip and fold that one the same and glue it as well.
3. Put the two pieces together with the glue and place a little more glue in the middle (a little dab is all you need). Wrap the 3rd strip around the two pieces in the middle one time. Do not cut the strip. Wrap the rest of the strip with some glue onto the headband one time then cut the strip of any excess. Make sure it is glued securely.
For the Sweet Sunshine
Same steps, but cut your strips from the print and cut them wider. You can do a double layer or a single layer bow like what I have in the pic.
This tutorial is for all the ribbon styles. Make your basic ribbon band and then add fun embellishments on top.
1. Cut out the embellishments. For Floral Parade (pic 1 on styles) Cut out two circles with the pinking sheers. For Peace and Love (pic 2 on styles) Cut out 1 1/2 inch long strips with the pinking sheers. For the Dainy Darling (pic 4 on styles) Make the ribbon from the Capri Sun Juice Drink Pouch like step one in the first tutorial. For the Fashionista (pic 5 on styles) You will cut out a 1 1/2 inch strip from the Capri Sun Juice Drink Pouch backside and then cut out triangles to make arrow heads. You will need several and the amount varies on head size.
2. Wrap the 1 1/2 inch or 5/8 inch ribbon to the exact circumference of the head of the person that will wear it. The 1 1/2 inch ribbon styles (Peace and Love and The Fashionista) will need to be glued at the ends by gluing them diagonally around 2 inches from the end like in pic 2.
3. Once you get the embellishments glued onto the ribbon then you can wrap the ends around one hairband and glue or sew. You may need to hold the ribbon down to get a good bond with the glue. For the bracelet version of the Dainty Darling I made it the same way, but on a smaller scale. I also used a very small band that kids use to make the popular bracelets in place of the hairband.
Such an easy and fun way to Up-Cycle those empty Capri Sun Juice Drink Pouches! Which style do you like best?
If you would like to get involved with Capri Sun you can learn more here!