I created these Grilled Peach Sundaes as a part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. All opinions are mine alone. #WalmartProduce
I have to admit that when I first heard of grilling peaches I didn’t know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them out for myself. Grilling peaches gives them a wonderful smoky/ caramel flavor. You need to try them out if you haven’t yet! The perfect way to try them out is with these Grilled Peach Sundaes! The buttery praline sauce compliments the caramel flavors of the grilled peach perfectly in this easy summer dessert.
Make sure that you find the best quality peaches. The peaches that I found at the Walmart Produce sections were sweet, fragrant and totally addicting. Some of the peaches I bought even had the leaves still on them! Walmart sells the freshest, local produce and you can really taste the difference. They also have a 100% money-back guarantee on all their produce which I love. The day I went to buy these peaches the Walmart employee just happened to be re-stocking them. The boxes that he was taking them out of were labeled, “Porter Peaches”! Anyone from my home state of Oklahoma knows that great peaches come from Porter, OK.
To make the Grilled Peach Sundaes start off with each peach halved, pitted and grilled. I cut a flat part from the bottom of each peach half so they could stand up on their own. You can also place these in bowls.
While they are still warm but not too hot add the ice cream. I used a flavor called Butter Brickle, but any toffee, vanilla or caramel flavor will work here.
Next add the Praline Sauce. This sauce is seriously good. You may be wondering how it’s any different from caramel, but this praline sauce has more of a buttery taste to me.
Top it off with toasted pecans, whipped cream and a fresh cherry. This is such a pretty treat and perfect for any summer dinner party!
Grilled Peach Sundaes with Praline Sauce!
- For the praline sauce:
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- for the Sundaes:
- 3 peaches halved and pitted
- pecans chopped and toasted
- whipped cream
- In a small saucepan over low heat mix brown sugar, light corn syrup, heavy cream, and butter. Cook and stir praline sauce over medium heat for about 10 minutes until smooth and thick. Stir in vanilla extract and it is ready to serve .
- For the grilled peaches:
- Dip your finger into the cooled off praline sauce and rub each peach half lightly with the sauce. Preheat grill to medium/ high heat. Cook peaches face down on grill until they soften and have grill marks around 3 minutes. Take off the grill and allow to cool down slightly.
- For the Sundaes:
- Place peach half face up and top with Butter Brickle or vanilla ice cream, Praline Sauce, toasted pecans, whipped cream and a cherry!
Be sure to check out Walmart Produce on their website to find out more information about their great produce!