By the time you have a 1 year old you think you have it all down. You can recognize his cries and can pretty much tell why he is being cranky. Then it happens. The cries become more demanding and whining starts to become a regular thing. What is going on? You may find yourself scrambling to figure out the new cries. Here are the Top 10 Reasons Why Your 1 Year Old is Upset!
2. Thirst (this happens more as babies transition to solid foods)
3. Dirty Diaper (they may be more persistent at this age to get a clean diaper since they are starting to know when it happens)
4. Teething (teething is painful!)
5. Sickness (this usually comes with lethargy, fever, cough or runny nose)
6. Boredom (Gone are the days when your little baby wanted nothing more than to watch the fan, but it is exciting to watch them explore their world!)
7. Tired (little ones at this age will not fall asleep as readily as when they were little babies and often fight sleep)
8. Over-stimulated (rapid changes are happening and babies still need breaks and naps to give their brains a break)
9. Needs Attention (A baby at this age is learning quickly when you are fully attentive and when you are not)
10. Diaper Rash
Diaper Rash is something I have had to deal with my own 1 year old. He started getting a diaper rash around the same time as he was teething. I am not sure if it was the introduction to new foods or if it was because he was teething, but he had a red diaper rash that wouldn’t go away on it’s own. I started using Balmex to fight diaper rash! I love how quickly it started working and seemed to soothe my little one right away and reduced the redness. I make sure to keep a bottle of Balmex in the diaper bag and by his changing table so I always have access to it just in case.
It always makes me happy to see my little guy happy. He really has been an easy going baby and it breaks my heart when he gets a diaper rash. Balmex with ActivGuard has really helped him get back to normal several times!
Balmex Diaper Rash Cream is proven to reduce redness in ONE diaper change, making it easy to help treat and prevent diaper rash irritation and also neutralizes harmful irritants found in dirty or wet diapers. Formulated with doctor-recommended zinc oxide plus three soothing botanicals and skin nourishing vitamins B5 and E to help soothe and treat diaper rash, while moisturizing and nourishing baby’s irritated skin.
Be sure to check out this Balmex Diaper Rash Cream Special Offer to get $1.00 off! Available at retailers such as: Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Toys-R-Us/Babies-R-Us, CVS and Kmart.
Fight irritation. End the red. Use Balmex instead.