I participated in a Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for OshKoshB’Gosh. I received an OshKosh B’Gosh gift card to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #HelloSummerFun
Summer is my personal favorite time of year because the summer heat allows us to be outside playing all day! We usually don’t take any spectacular summer vacations, but we do love to have a fun staycation every once in a while. A staycation can be anything that you make it. We like to stay around the city and go to parks and other fun sites we haven’t been to before.
This year we used our staycation as a way to kick off the summer heat! I bought all the kids coordinating summer outfits from OshKosh B’Gosh and had them model them in the front yard. Not only was this fun, but I also snapped some really great memories in the process. I love OshKosh B’Gosh clothing and have since I was little. I still remember the little jingle from the commercial. Do you? This coupon is good through July 13th, 2015 so be sure to print it out!
This outfit my little one is wearing fits him perfectly and will be perfect all summer long. I love the Cargo pants from OshKosh B’Gosh because they are great quality and so soft!
The girls all fell in love with the dresses from OshKosh B’Gosh. This blue smocked bandana dress was perfect for my second daughter. She loved the soft cotton and the perfect fit!
My oldest daughter picked out a red bandana dress from OshKosh B’Gosh. Even though it’s long she can still run around in it because it is very flowy. She loves it because the material is very breathable and keeps her cool!
The littlest girl picked out this striped ruffle jersey dress from OshKosh B’Gosh. I think the fun stripes and bow were perfect for her! She said she loves it because she can jump around and play in it!
Another summer staycation tradition is to try out a new recipe. We loved this triple strawberry cake and it’s super simple to make! This cake recipe is from my aunt and it’s seriously the moistest cake I have ever had! It can be made into cupcakes too. The kids love helping put the strawberries on the top of the cake. We just made a simple spiral stack that looks like a giant strawberry flower.
Stylin' Summer Stay-cation
- Strawberry Cake Mix + oil and eggs from directions on back of box but NOT water called for
- 1 15 oz . can strawberry pie filling
- 1 can whipped vanilla icing with 1/2 cup pureed strawberries mixed in
- around 10 strawberries sliced thin vertically
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For a double layer cake use (2) 8 inch pans that are greased and floured. Mix in oil, eggs and strawberry pie filling with strawberry cake mix in a medium sized bowl. Mix until combined and pour into pans. Bake at 350 for around 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely then ice with the icing mixed with the strawberry puree. Add sliced strawberries onto the top of the completely iced cake.
I love to find great quality clothing that meets my standards for fashion and durability. My kids can have FUN in these clothes and they will last a long time! OshKosh B’Gosh meets all my standards and their clothing fits boys and girls in sizes 0-12.