I am super picky about my green beans! Growing up we ate only canned green beans and so the taste of fresh or frozen didn’t really appeal to me. I have tried to like them, but I think its the texture that I don’t like. I had never tried roasted green beans until the other day and I was SOOO glad that I did! I knew that roasting made asparagus and other veggies amazing, but I never thought to roast green beans. These Roasted Green Bean Fries will now be on our plates weekly… maybe even twice a week now! Combine them with creamy dipping sauce or (low carb) ketchup and you’ll never miss potato fries!
My family of 6 downed 2 pounds of these so you may need to make more than the recipe states if your family is like ours! These are so healthy and low calories. 1 pound of fresh green beans is only 141 calories! Add in the oil and you are still well below a large order of french fries! Such an easy and healthy treat! Enjoy!
- 1 pound Green Beans Fresh or Frozen, canned will not work
- 1 Tbsp . coconut oil, liquid is preferable
- Sea Salt
- optional 1 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast, adds a unique flavor-really good!
- Creamy Dipping Sauce Ingredients, make sure to make this at least 2 hours ahead for the best taste
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp Onion Powder
- ⅓ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Celery Seed
- ¼ tsp . season salt
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425. Coat green beans with coconut oil (if not using liquid make sure to melt it) put green beans and oil into a large ziploc bag and shake until the green beans are coated. Add the nutritional yeast to the bag if you are using it and shake until evenly coated. Place green beans onto a baking sheet and sprinkle sea salt over them. Bake for around 25 minutes for fresh green beans and around 40 or more for frozen. Flip once during cooking. The outsides should have spots of dark brown once they are done.
- To make the dipping sauce:
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients with a hand-mixer until well-blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g