This post contains affiliate links.
I’ve been obsessed with rainbows since I was a little girl, but then again I think every girl growing up in the 80’s was too. Carebear stare anyone? That’s why I get so excited around this time of year with all the rainbow themed St. Patrick’s recipes and crafts. This Rainbow Potato Salad is super fun and healthy! I gave it a southwest flavor which tastes amazing with the avocados and purple potatoes!
Have you ever tried purple potatoes? I think they taste just like the white ones, but even better in my opinion. I love the texture and slight sweetness over the white ones.
I topped this salad off with a “cloud” of chipotle lime sour cream in a trifle bowl (affiliate link) and it’s not only beautiful but flavorful too!
- 6 small purple potatoes cooked, cooled and cut into small chunks
- 3 avocados peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups diced orange bell peppers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half
- for the chipotle lime sour cream topping
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- optional cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, chipotle pepper, seasoning salt, garlic and lime. Set aside. To assemble the salad either mix everything together or layer in a trifle bowl. To layer in a rainbow start with the potatoes, then avocado, green onions, corn, bell peppers and tomatoes. Top with the sour cream at the top. Garnish with the cilantro. Enjoy! Serve chilled and mix all together before serving.
- Optional flavors to add:
- cheese and bacon
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Here is what it looks like after mixing it up! This would make a great potluck or party side. Especially for a rainbow party!