These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing are amazing and it’s all thanks to my aunt for inspiring this recipe! My aunt and uncle recently had a celebration of their 50th Anniversary and Wedding Vow Renewal. It was a SWEET ceremony and I am so glad we were a part of it. They are such a cute couple and I hope that my husband and I are that fun loving when we get to our 50th! During the reception we had the most amazing cupcakes ever! I ate more than my share if you know what I mean. I found out that my aunt made the cupcakes and I knew I had to beg her for the recipe!
To my astonishment and surprise she told me it was the simplest recipe that only involved cake mix and replacing water in the mix with fruit filling. What? I really thought for sure it had to be from scratch! The fruit filling makes these cupcakes super rich and moist. She made strawberry cupcakes, but I just knew I had to try it with Pumpkin! So that’s just a little back story to the most amazing and unassuming cupcakes ever… Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing.
My cupcakes will never be the same!
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- ingredients from the box EXCEPT WATER... do not use the water it calls for, but use the eggs and oil!
- 1 15 oz . can of Pumpkin Puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing:
- 8 oz . Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp . Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 can of white icing
- Mix all the ingredients together and bake according to the directions on the box of cake mix. This works best with cupcakes because the cake comes out VERY moist.
- For the Cream Cheese Icing:
- Beat all the ingredients together on high with mixer until light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar to taste and to make icing firmer if desired. Ice the cupcakes once they are cooled and Enjoy!
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g