This Frozen Peppermint Mocha Protein Drink is a great way to enjoy a coffeehouse type drink at home!
I love the holidays and one of my favorite holiday type drinks is peppermint mochas. I love peppermint any time of the year, but it just feels more nostalgic at Christmastime. I wanted to figure out a way to make Frozen Peppermint Mochas that taste great, but are healthy enough to eat everyday. This Peppermint Mocha Frozen Drink tastes a lot like something you would find at a coffeehouse, but it is packed with protein. Even my kids love this drink and always take a few sips when I make it!
This Peppermint Mocha Frozen Protein Drink uses coffee, almond milk (or regular milk) and peppermint flavoring! I love the way it turned out and I can see myself drinking this all the time. I’ve used different protein powders to make this drink and I think that a chocolate flavored one is the best option. If you don’t have a chocolate flavored protein powder then use 2 tsp. of cocoa powder.
I think Santa would love this Frozen Peppermint Mocha Protein Drink on Christmas night… don’t you think? 😉 wink wink! What is your favorite coffeehouse style drink? Would it be hot or cold in the winter? I think a peppermint mocha without the protein powder is great hot, but I really love having the option to add some protein to the mix with this cold classic!
Peppermint Mocha Frozen Protein Drink!
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 scoop Protein powder Chocolate flavor
- 1 drop of peppermint flavor
- sweetener to taste or sugar to taste if your protein powder is not sweetened
- optional topping whipped cream and dark chocolate or peppermint candy for sprinkling this adds a little bit of sugar
- Put ingredients except for optional ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Pout into glass and serve right away. Add the toppings if you want. Enjoy!