I made this Fresh Tomato Bacon Salad with Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #WalmartProduce
Is a tomato a fruit, veggie or candy? I ask because we eat them like candy in our house! We especially love the little cherry tomatoes from Walmart that come in red and yellow varieties. I decided to pair up our tomatoes with some bacon and other yummies for this delicious Fresh Tomato Bacon Salad with Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette!
These tomatoes are the best! They are the sweetest that I have found and I get them from Walmart. I love that Walmart produce has 100% Money Back Guarantee on their farmer picked produce! I can rest assure that I am getting the freshest quality tomatoes because it is backed up with their guarantee!
For the salad I just sliced the tomatoes in half and mixed in some fresh mozzarella pearls, crumbled bacon and chopped green onion tops! I love this flavor combination.
Then I added the Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette. It adds a little tang and just the right amount of creaminess!
Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette!
- 9 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp . Dijon mustard
- 5 pieces of bacon and fat that comes from cooking around 2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 2/3 cup mayonaisse
- 1/4 tsp . powdered garlic
- salt to taste
- Gut the 9 tomatoes ( you can use the outsides for stuffed tomatoes). Place the insides in a blender and blend until smooth. Add red wine vinegar, mustard,bacon and bacon fat, sweet onion, garlic, mayo and salt and blend again until mixed well. Serve within a few days.
I like it poured on thick and also served on the side!
Mix it all up and it’s such a delicious summer salad with beautiful bright colors!
Fresh Tomato Bacon Salad with Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette!
- 1 carton red grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise 10.5 oz
- 1 carton yellow cherry tomatoes sliced in half 10.5oz
- 7 pieces of bacon cooked until crisp and chopped
- 8 oz . of fresh Mozzarella pearls
- tops of 10 green onions chopped
- Lightly Mix everything together and place in a medium size serving bowl. Serve alongside the Creamy Tomato Bacon Vinaigrette or pour the Vinaigrette on the salad and stir! Enjoy