How to make a Cinderella Cake Tutorial contains affiliate links to help off set the cost of maintenance. Thank you for the continued support of this site.
Do you have a princess that LOVES the movie Cinderella? I have 3 princesses in my household and they could not be more excited about this Cinderella Cake.
The new Disney Cinderella Movie is out in Theaters and my family just got back from watching it. Yay! It’s as wonderful as I hoped it would be. My girls and I have been so excited to see this movie since the glass slipper trailer came out last year. This Cinderella cake is something I have been dreaming up since I saw the first trailer.
Cinderella is a classic romantic tale about true love and what true beauty is. This Cinderella Cake with Glass Slipper is whimsical, beautiful and fit for any princess!
This cake stays true to the classical Disney Cinderella we all know and love while also nodding to the live action movie that recently came out. The most important part of nailing a Cinderella Cake is to make the icing colored “Cinderella Blue”. To tint the icing the perfect baby blue I used a baby blue gel color and separated my icing into two equal parts. The first I tinted with more blue to make it darker and the second I tinted with less to make it lighter. This made it have a dimensional swirl look. I also created a unique technique to make the swirls flow like Cinderella’s dress which you can see how to make in the video at the top of the post.
This cake reminds me of Cinderella’s dress as she twirls around! See the complete video tutorial where you will see how easy this is to make.
How to Make a Cinderella Cake:
- Use boxed cake mix to make it easier. For the cake just use whatever cake you love and then make your crumb coat.
- Use a 1M tip (affiliate link) to make the swirls. This tip is also great for making swirls on top of cupcakes and it’s my most used cake tip.
- Layer colors in the piping bag to get the perfect swirl. I used a mixture of light blue and a darker blue gel colors for the buttercream icing and layered them in the piping bag (See video).
- Gold stars for sprinkles (affiliate link) for that perfect added touch. Gold is a theme throughout the newest Cinderella live action movie and so I loved this addition to the cake.
- Add a “glass” slipper from a party supply or craft site. I found a basic plastic slipper (affiliate link) and used a metal butterfly that I put rose gold glitter on.
- DIY glittered butterfly. Find a butterfly charm or necklace and use glue and glitter to make it more of a rose gold color. You can even use a paper butterfly that is glittered which would be easier to affix to the glass slipper.
- Find the perfect cake stand. The exact cake stand I used is sold out, but it shouldn’t be hard to find ones that are just as pretty.
- Add cellophane to the slipper. I used a little cellophane to the inside of the slipper so that it would give off an iridescent shine in the light. I love that it looks like it’s straight from the movie.
- Freeze the cake before icing. I always bake my cakes and then freeze them after baking. Freezing the cakes makes it easier to create the crumb coat without getting too many crumbs in the icing. It also makes the cake more moist.
- Planning a Cinderella Party? Plan to make the cake a day ahead of time. Most icing recipes allow for cakes to be made ahead of time by up to 3 days. Just make sure your icing recipe doesn’t need to be stored in the refrigerator.
In addition to the Cinderella Cake see the recipe for Cinderella Snack Mix & Favor Jar for a Cinderella Party. A Cinderella Cake is obviously perfect for any Cinderella Party but this cake can be tweaked for any princess themed party. You can make it fit into any princess theme by changing out the slipper for a crown. I think a swirled pink cake for Sleeping Beauty or yellow cake for Belle would be equally as pretty. The options are endless!
See my Cinderella Party Ideas and the Fun Cinderella themed snacks and decor!
Make it a slumber party or movie night and enjoy the movie with the Cinderella snacks and desserts.
Have you seen the new Disney Cinderella movie? If so, how do you think it compares to the animated version? I think they will both be classics that we all know and love. I do have a special place in my heart for the original, though.
Enjoy making your own Cinderella Cake!
41+ Ideias de Bolo Decorado Cinderela – Super Festa Infantil
Friday 26th of July 2019
[…] Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela Reprodução: Bolo Cinderela […]
Bolo Cinderela +de 70 Ideias Encantadoras – Bolo Decorado
Monday 11th of March 2019
[…] (Reprodução/Bolo Decorado Cinderela) (Reprodução/Bolo Decorado Cinderela) (Reprodução/Bolo Decorado Cinderela) (Reprodução/Bolo Decorado Cinderela) (Reprodução/Bolo Decorado Cinderela) (Reprodução/Bolo […]
Top 30 Posts from 2015
Thursday 31st of December 2015
[…] Disney Cinderella Cake […]
jurassic world cheats
Sunday 18th of October 2015
What's up, yeah this piece of writing is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.
best web designers ottawa
Friday 16th of October 2015
Update the site with fresh and high quality articles to increase your business sells. The more easy and user friendly the website is, the more it will drive the users towards it and all of it depends on how well the website is managed. Finding a professional HTML5 development company is now no more a challenging task.