For the last several weeks I have been baking like crazy. I am not really sure why (other than my sweet tooth), but I think you’ll be glad that I did! This recipe stemmed from my love of Cookie Dough and a recipe that I shared a few weeks ago for a “Not-So-Raw” cookie dough that uses microwaved flour to reduce the chance of food poisoning.
I had been noticing a lot of recipes with cookie dough in them and decided it was time to come up with one of my own. Then the Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars were born… so without further ado I bring them to you!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars are the perfect blend of rich chocolatey brownies, cheesecake and cookie dough! We love to eat them with a tall glass of milk.
This is actually 3 recipes in one, but I tried to make it as simple as possible. The first layer is a Betty Crocker Brownie Mix. I used the smaller bagged size and spread it out on parchment lined 9X13 pan. I just mixed according to the directions and spread it out. The parchment is there to ensure that the cheesecake layer comes out clean and I would recommend this step.
The next layer is the chocolate cheesecake. It’s just a simple cheesecake recipe, but I used about half of usual recipes like this.
I just poured the cheesecake on top of the brownie layer with some chocolate chips and baked it for 45 minutes and let it rest in the oven for 2 hours.
Next came the Cookie Dough! I just made the exact recipe that I had made before using the cooked flour, but I had to make twice the amount to get it to spread over the whole top. When it came time to serve the brownies I Drizzled some chocolate chips that I melted in the microwave with a little bit of coconut oil on top. Are you drooling yet?
This is so decadent and delicious. Someone said that it should be called “Triple Threat”… I agree! 😉
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
For the Brownie Layer:
- Betty Crocker Brownie Mix the one in the small "bag"
- Ingredients that the mix calls for on the bag
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp . Cocoa Powder This makes for a light chocolate flavor, but feel free to omit
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips this is optional also
For the Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 1/2 cup of microwaved flour making sure that the temp gets to at least 160
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 tsp salt mixed with 4 Tbsp. milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar or 1/2 cup powdered sugar for less graininess
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the chocolate drizzle optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I prefer semi-sweet
- 1 tbsp . coconut oil
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- First line a 9X13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Just do a quick search on google to find out how to do that. Mix package according to the directions on the bag and spread out a thin layer onto the bottom of the baking dish/ pan. You may or may not use the whole package... just make sure it is a thin even layer. Bake according to the directions- except cook only half the time called for and watch to make sure that you don't overbake.
- While the brownie layer is baking:
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Mix in milk and mix in the eggs one at a time slowly then mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Once the brownie layer is finished baking.. let it rest for a few minutes then pour the cheesecake on top of the brownie layer. Sprinkle on so chocolate chips if you are using them. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes (or until the cheesecake is mostly firm) and then turn the oven off for the next 2 hours. Do not take the cheesecake out for at least 2 hours.. this helps the cheesecake set up.
- The last step is to make the cookie dough layer:
- Cream butter and sugars. Slowly add flour, salt/ milk mixture, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed then add chocolate chips. Once the cheesecake is set and cooled to room temp. Take a ball of cookie dough and smash out in your hands to about 1/4 inch thick. Place the smashed cookie dough on top of the cheesecake... Repeat this step until you have the entire cheesecake later covered with the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate this for 2 hours.
- Next step: Cut the bars out as usual into serving sizes... then if you are using the drizzle Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil on high for 30 seconds then stir. Keep microwaving this mixture at 15 second intervals- mixing after every interval until it is thoroughly melted. Take your spoon and drizzle the chocolate on top of the bars. Chill for another 10 minutes to let the chocolate set and then serve!