This delicious and fun recipe for Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Cupcakes is a shop that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
If you have read this blog for long then you know my absolute love for Ice Cream Cupcakes! Cupcakes and Ice Cream were always a match made in heaven… so why not combine them? I love how easy they are to serve too. We have several birthdays coming up in the next few months and I know that these will be a big hit. I combined Cherry Kool-Aid Easy Mix with the cake and icing on these cupcakes which tasted great with the vanilla ice cream and the chocolate topping.
Ice Cream Cupcakes are great to serve at a party or keep them on hand in the freezer for an individual homemade ice cream treat. Now that summer is approaching we will be making these more often for special occasions.
- 1.5 quarts of ice cream in vanilla or cherry
- white cake mix and ingredients from the box to make it
- 1 bottle Kool-Aid Easy Mix in the Cherry Flavor
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 can icing
- 1 bottle of chocolate ice cream topping, the kind that hardens is best
- Mix boxed cake mix according to the directions for the batter. Add 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. of the Kool-Aid Easy Mix Cherry Flavor. Mix until combined. Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp. of batter to each cupcake liner and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Take out and let cool completely.
- When you are ready to add the ice cream take out the container of ice cream from the freezer for 5 minutes to let it soften. Add ice cream just to the top of the cupcake liners on top of the cake. Repeat for each one and then place the muffin tin with all cupcakes in to the freezer for around an hour to let them harden. When you are ready to serve take the canned icing and mix in 1 Tbsp. of the Kool-Aid Easy Mix Cherry Flavor with the icing and stir well until combined. Take the ice cream cupcakes out of the freezer and place them on your serving dish. Pour the chocolate on top and then add the icing and a maraschino cherry. Serve immediately. These start to really melt around the 10 minute mark so eat them quickly.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
These Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Cupcakes turned out so great and we loved the yummy Cherry Flavor from the Kool-Aid Easy Mix!
What flavor of Ice Cream Cupcakes will you make with the Kool-Aid Easy Mix flavors? Kool-Aid Easy Mix comes in Cherry, Tropical Punch and Grape flavors!
We purchased our Kool-Aid Easy Mix at Walmart and I found them on the isle with all the juices. They are such a quick, refreshing beverage the whole family will enjoy. Be sure to look for Kraft Kool-Aid Easy Mix Demos at Walmart!