Chicken Tikka Masala Sandwiches are a nice change from turkey or ham and cheese!
The nicely spiced favorite dish called Chicken Tikka Masala is so good in sandwich form. This is great for all the butter chicken you may have leftovers of! “This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. “all opinions are my own”
I am obsessed with Ecce Panis bread. You just take it out of the package, place in the oven for a few minutes and out comes the best home-baked bread! This bread is really amazing! Everyone always thinks that I make it from scratch! (shh, don’t tell !) ;P It makes the best base for a Chicken Tikka Masala Sandwich!
When I go Walmart I can find them easily in the bakery section next to all the specialty breads. This time I grabbed 3 of the Ecce Panis Ciabatta loaves. This type of bread is perfect on its own or it can also be used to make some delicious sandwiches.
I am glad that I picked up 3 loaves! The first night we had a Rotisserie chicken with potatoes and onions. We served the Ecce Panis Ciabatta bread with it. It was so good. The only thing about the whole chicken is that we just can’t eat it all. There are always leftovers!
I decided to use my leftovers and the Ecce Panis Ciabatta loaf to make a wonderful Gourmet dinner. Want to know what I made?
To make an Easy version of Garam Masala (which is just a spice blend). I use pickling spice because it is easily found at the grocery store and it has most of the spices that I need for Garam Masala already in it! Pickling spice is also perfect because all the spices are mainly intact. Toast 3 Tbsp. in a skillet for a few seconds until they let off their aroma. Then grind them up in a coffee grinder until they are a fine texture.
For the chicken mixture… Start off by sweating the onions and garlic together in some butter…
Once the onions are a translucent color then add the rest of the ingredients… it should be smelling awesome right now!!
Add the red pepper, Masala Shoestring Onions, Creamy Masala Dressing, and a little bit of Cilatro. I also like it served up with a side of home-made potato chips using the leftover potatoes that I had and paired it with more of the Creamy Masala Dressing.
Wow, this was so good!!!
Chicken Tikka Masala Sandwich
- 1 Ecce Panis Ciabatta Loaf or 1 package Ecce Panis Ciabatta rolls
- 2 Tbsp . butter
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or table cream
- 2 Tbsp . tomato paste
- 2 tsp . minced garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp . Easy Garam Masala*
- Masala Cream Dressing*
- Masala Shoestring Onions*
- Red Peppers Julienne cut small strips
Easy Garam Masala (Indian Spice Blend)
- 3 tablespoons McCormick Pickling Spice Blend toasted and ground in coffee grinder
Masala Cream Dressing:
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp . Easy Garam Masala
- 1 tsp . Minced Garlic
Masala Shoestring Onions
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp . Easy Garam Masala
- 1 Large Onion cut into rings
- 1 cup milk
- Bake the Ecce Panis Ciabatta Bread as directed on the package and set bread aside.
- ****For the Masala Shoestring Onions: Place milk and onion rings into a bowl and let soak for 15 minutes. Mix the flour with the Easy Garam Masala in separate bowl. Place the soaked onion rings into the mixture and thoroughly coat them. Fry at 375 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. (if you are making home made potato chips as your side then fry them also at 375 degrees)
- *****For the Masala Cream Dressing: Just mix the sour cream, garlic and Easy Garam Masala in bowl.
- For the Masala Chicken: heat skillet to medium high heat and melt butter. Once butter is melted add the chopped onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent. Then add the chicken, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and Easy Garam Masala and lower the heat to simmer. Cook until just heated through. Add the heavy or table cream and mix. Turn off heat and set aside until ready to assemble sandwich.
- To assemble Sandwich:
- Cut Ciabatta Loaf into 4 and then take each peice and cut down the middle for sandwiches. If using the Ciabatta rolls then just cut each of them in half.
- Spread on some of the Chicken Masala to the bottom half, then drizzle some Masala Cream dressing on top of that, then place the red peppers, showstring onions and cilantro on top. Repeat for each sandwich.
- *****Optional serving suggestion: Serve alongside Homemade potato chips (Just potato slices that are fried) and a small container of Creamy Masala Dressing for dipping.