Whoopie Pies have been around forever, but I never ventured out to make them until recently. I decided to try them after seeing the recipe “Easy Whoopie Pies” that my friend Becky from Read My Chicken Scratch blogged about. They looked so good and I knew they would be easy to make. For the Cake Batter Ice Cream Whoopie Pies I followed her recipe to make the cake part and then tried my own filling with Ice Cream instead of the Marshmallow Cream. At first I couldn’t figure out how to make the Ice Cream not run out of the pies, but then I added some pudding and it worked!
These are SO good! The pies are the perfect texture and come out tasting great straight from the freezer!
- Yellow Cake Mix and ingredients on box-, reserve 2 tbsp. and also reduce water to 3/4 cup
- 2 small boxes of Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Take out 2 Tbsp. of the yellow cake mix before mixing and reserve for later. Mix the cake mix with the ingredients from the box (be sure to reduce the water) and 1 box pudding mix. At this point I like to pour the batter into a plastic ziploc bag and snip off the end to pour it our you can take around 1/4 cup of the batter per cake and pour it on the pan that way. Spead the batter until it is thin and around 4 inches in diameter. You can make these smaller too, but reduce the baking time.
- Bake at 350 for around 15 minutes. Let them cool in the refrigerator before topping with the ice cream pudding mix.
- For the Ice Cream filling:
- Combine 1 box of pudding mix, reserved cake mix and ice cream. If the mixture is too thin let it freeze for around 15 minutes in the freezer before filling the pies with it, but it should be thin enough to spread.
- To fill the pies put a thin layer of the ice cream mixture into each pie and then serve immediately or place in a covered pan in the freezer until ready to serve. You can also place a piece of plastic wrap around each pie and freeze for around 1 week.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g