We are making some big changes in the next couple of months. We will be leaving our rental soon and making a big move to owning our own home again. It’s not an easy decision to make, but I am really glad that we will be back in a home we own soon. Since we moved into our rental we have bought several large pieces of furniture out of necessity as our family has grown. The added furniture is going to make moving to our new house a little more demanding. We have been here almost 2 years, but if we were only staying for a short time then I would definitely think about renting furniture from CORT Furniture Rental. Moving is never easy, but when you do it 3 times in 4 years like we have then it’s especially hard. I really wish that I had looked into renting furniture with CORT Furniture Rental sooner.
Here are some of my tips and tricks for moving:
- As soon as you know you will be moving start packing. Packing is the worst thing about moving! It’s also the thing that will take you the most time to do so it’s best to get it over early. Pack up everything except what you need for everyday use.
- Pack smartly. Label the boxes by room and pack by room. Also label as detailed as possible. When you go to unpack all your belongings then it will be much easier to determine what goes where if your boxes are properly labeled.
- Sell/ giveaway items you no longer need before moving. The less you need to move the better.
- Use up any food you have on hand before moving. This is especially important for anything that needs refrigeration because you won’t want the hassle of trying to save it.
- If your job or current situation in life cause you to move a lot then consider furniture rental like CORT Furniture Rental.
Furniture rental was never something I really considered, but I know it would be handy in times of transition. Some examples of times it would be handy to rent furniture is a job relocation, traveling long-distance on temporary assignment, moving off-campus in college or traveling from place to place in the military. I know I would have loved CORT Furniture Rental when I was living off campus in college and CORT Furniture Rental is actually very affordable option.
Sometimes it is just easier to rent it all out! It’s great to have furniture on-demand (there when you need it, gone when you no longer need it). The room above is actually furniture to rent from CORT Furniture Rental. Isn’t that room beautiful? They have so many beautiful room ideas to choose from.
What are your best tips for moving? Have you ever considered furniture rental before? Be sure to check out CORT Furniture Rental for all your furniture rental needs!