This fun Retro Party post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #CollectiveBias
We always have a wide range of ages present when my family and friends get together for a party. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to cater to so many ages. With a little creativity I have entertained adults and still kept the kids in the mix! This Retro Themed party was so much fun for all of my party guests. I included items that the adults grew up with and it was so fun watching everyone re-live the memories! The kids had just as much fun and laughing at some of the things we used to have like records and tape cassettes! We also had fun snacks made with Goldfish crackers that were perfect for the party theme!
My kids helped me pick out the Goldfish cracker varieties at Walmart. We picked Goldfish Grahams S’mores, Flavor Blasted Goldfish crackers in Xtra Cheddar and Goldfish Colors Cheddar Baked cracker Snacks in the large 30 oz. size containers. This was the perfect amount for our party!
These S’mores Microphone Mini Cones are so cute and everyone loved them! They are great as a prop for photos as well as a delicious treat!
- 20 mini ice cream cones
- 2 cups Pepperidge Farm S'mores Goldfish Grahams plus 2 more cups for filling cones
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese softened.
- sliver colored sprinkles
- Crush 2 cups of the S'mores Goldfish Grahams in a food processor or blender. In a mixing bowl combine the crushed Goldfish Grahams and Cream Cheese Together until it is smooth. Put mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Fill each mini cone with the rest of the S'mores Goldfish Grahams up to the top of each cone. Take out the cream cheese mixture and form a small ball to fit on top of each cone with the mixture with your hands. Dip the ball tops into the sprinkles on all sides. Repeat for each cone. Enjoy!
We also discovered that adding a little Flavor Blasted Goldfish crackers to popcorn made the popcorn taste like Cheese Popcorn! So we crushed up the Cheddar Flavor Blasted Goldfish crackers into a powder with the food processor then sprinkled it onto the popcorn. I added a few Colored Goldfish crackers to the popcorn and mixed it up and served it in little vintage popcorn treat boxes! Such an easy and fun idea!
I made sure to stick with the Retro theme in all the decor and even used candy that we would all remember from our past. These colorful gumballs and lollipops were a hit!
My mom has kept some records around through the years and we used those for plates! She also had some disco ornaments that we used for table decor.
We also had Puzzle cubes and records as dessert stands. Plus a fun Record Sleeve Backdrop which I found the idea for here! I just used 12×12 scrapbook paper and cut a hold out the middle and hung them from the ceiling with string. I love how all the decorations turned out!
Instead of typical breading for chicken nuggets we used the Cheddar Flavor Blasted Goldfish crackers in the breading mix. To make your own just replace 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of lightly crushed Goldfish crackers in whatever batter you want then bake or fry!
The Cheddar Goldfish cracker Sausage Balls were amazing!
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of finely crushed Flavor Blasted Cheddar Goldfish crackers
- more Goldfish crackers for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350° F In a large bowl, combine sausage, biscuit baking mix, crushed Goldfish crackers and cheese. Form into walnut size balls and place on your baking sheet. Add one Goldfish cracker to the top of each ball as decoration if desired. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and sausage is cooked through.
Last but not least was the S’more Goldfish cracker Crispies. I just made the regular recipe for Rice Cereal bars and added a cup of S’mores Goldfish grahams to the mix and they turned out great! I also placed a few of the S’mores Goldfish crackers to the tops before they cooled down too. I think they were the best tasting cereal bars I have ever had!
This Retro Themed Party was epic! I made sure to buy some retro props and we all went to town trying them on. From the S’mores Microphone Mini Cones all the way to the large 70’s glasses and mustaches! Adults and kids alike had a blast and I think every party should be this fun! What would you include in your Retro Party theme? Is your favorite decade represented here or would you pick a different one?
Check out Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers on their social media:
Thanks for stopping by!