I made these cute little cupcakes last summer for my daughter’s birthday. All of my girls love girly, pink things so these were a big hit with them! I thought that these would be perfect to post right now for an easy Valentine’s treat! They could also do for a strawberry shortcake themed birthday or just because!
These are incredibly easy to make and you don’t need any special tools. Just a muffin tin, some rocks or marbles and boxed cake mix!
First place the cupcake liners in the muffin tin. Then place the rocks around the outside of the liners. They may try to come out, but just keep pressing until they settle in. Then fill the liners with the cupcake batter. Bake according to the directions on the cake mix.
The decorations were so easy to do too. I used strawberry icing (store bought) and mini chocolate chips.
Then I used some green icing (you can use store bought that is tinted green or homemade buttercream) with a leaf tip and piped it on top. So easy! Even if you have never piped anything I think the leaf tip is one of the easiest to use!
These are just SO adorable!
Strawberry Cupcakes shaped like Strawberries
- 1 strawberry cake mix make batter according to box directions
- 1 can strawberry icing
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup of green icing you can use store bought icing that is tinted green
- 1 bag small pebble sized rocks for shaping
- 24 cupcake liners I used plain white
- 1 leaf tip I used Wilton
- Make batter according to the box directions (preheat oven according to box directions too). Meanwhile place cupcake liners inside of the muffin tin. Place rocks around the liners to shape them in strawberry shapes (or use marbles). To hape mine I placed the rocks on three sides of the liners. They don't have to look perfect and every strawberry will be different. Bake according to the box directions. Once they are cooked and cooled spread a layer of strawberry icing on top of each cupcake. Place mini chocolate chips to make the "seeds" and pipe leaves on top with the leaf tip. Enjoy!