I am pretty sure that it is impossible to look at these Santa PB Sandwich Cookies at not smile. I double dare you to try! lol We were in Walmart last night and I saw a package of white cotton candy and knew exactly what I wanted to make! These would be great to give to neighbors (which is what we did) or for the kids to make for Santa! I think Santa would love these! 😉
Did I mention that they are cute ???
You can use store bought PB Sandwich crackers or make your own out of Ritz crackers and peanut butter. OR you can use your favorite type of sandwich cookie (like Oreo’s)! I am partial to the taste of the salty Pb crackers with the sweet white chocolate coating myself though! Just a side note: cotton candy will only last for about a day then after that it will disintegrate so make these the day of!
We loved making (and tasting) these!!!
Santa Hat Peanut Butter Cookies with Cotton Candy Beards
- I sleeve of crackers like Ritz
- peanut butter
- 1/2 bag white chocolate or candy melts
- mini chocolate chips for the eyes
- red hots or other candy for the nose
- red sugar
- white cotton candy found mine at walmart
- mallow bits for hat kraft brand
- make peanut butter sandwiches with the crackers and peanut butter. Let them rest and stick together while you prep everything else. Melt the white chocolate/ candy melts with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter together in the microwave at 50% power until the chocolate melts (about 1 minute or so). Do not overheat or the chocolate will burn!
- Next take the crackers and dip them in the chocolate pb mix. Coat them well on the top and sides (the back you don't need to worry as much). Dip the top part of the cookie into the red sugar for the hat. Transfer them to a plate where you will put on all the decorations. Place the decorations on while the chocolate is still melted. I put on the cotton candy last and you may need a little icing to help them stick. Serve these the same day that you make them! Enjoy!