Ahh… Orange Julius. Do you know it? It’s an obsession that I have that stems back to my early days. I remember going to the mall with my parents and getting those delicious, creamy, and tangy little drinks of goodness. I’ll never forget the smell that permeated the area where they were sold. They were used many a time as a bribe to be good while my mom spent hours looking over clothes at Montgomery Wards. Those were the days!
Well… fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and those memories popped up again when we went to the mall. There was a Dairy Queen stand that was also selling Orange Julius drinks. We decided to purchase a large and share it. Yumm! Instant take back to my youth. Then I decided to look up the nutritional info… not as pleasing. I knew that it had to be laden with sugar, but that equals a lot of un-needed calories! For some reason I was blessed with a super tasting tounge and I figured out an all natural recipe that satisfies my sweet tooth and tastes like those wonderful drinks! Hope you enjoy them too!
Orange “Juicius” ~All Natural~
- 3/4 cup Simply Natural Apple Juice frozen in ice cube trays
- 1 cup fresh squeezed Orange Juice Or use a good brand not from concentrate orange juice
- 1/4 cup milk more or less to taste
- 1/8 tsp . real vanilla extract
- Optional add ins:
- For a burst of orange flavor add 1 tsp. Orange zest
- For a more "frothy" drink add 1 tsp. Meringue Powder Can be found near cake decorating isles in hobby stores
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and bubbly. Drink immediately! Makes 2 servings.