Nothing says comfort food to me like a fresh from the oven Chicken Pot Pie! I remember my mom making them for us growing up and now I am make them for my kids too. These Mini Chicken Pot Pies are the perfect appetizer for a get-together or to serve a couple of them for a main dish. We enjoyed ours with our meal the other night and I can’t wait to make them again. It’s a classic that I will never get tired of!
For the filling I used Progresso Light Chicken Pot Pie Style Soup! This way the pot pies are easier to prepare and the taste of the soup is really great in these.
I bought the Progresso Light Chicken Pot Pie Soup at Walmart and I always love the selection there. There are plenty of varieties to choose from and all make great soups on their own or additions for other dishes!
I used pre-made pie crusts for the bottom and cut out a leaf design in pre-made pie dough for the top of the pies. Since this is a pie and not a soup… I also added some flour and extra veggies to give it more thickness.
- 1 can Progresso Light Chicken Pot Pie Style Soup
- 4 Tbsp . Flour
- 1 16 oz . package of mixed veggies, peas, corn, carrots & potatoes are best
- 8 frozen mini pie crusts thawed
- 1 refrigerator roll out pie crust
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix together veggies, soup and flour in a medium bowl and then spoon the mixture into the mini pie crusts. Fill each one about 2/3 of the way full. Cut out shapes or a circle that will fit each mini pie for the tops of the pies. Carefully place them on top of the pies. Beat egg in a small bowl and add a thin layer of egg to the tops of the pies with a pastry brush. Bake for 15 minutes and then top the pies with tin foil so that the crust does not get too brown. Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the pies are starting to bubble inside and pie crusts are cooked through.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Yum! We will be serving these often in the Fall and Winter time! What is your favorite way to use Progresso soups? I’d love to hear your ideas! #foodforyourmood
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.