Did you know that pasta is one of my most favorite foods in the world? My husband didn’t like pasta much when I met him and I found out it was because he had only associated pasta with cafeteria spaghetti! I like to say that I expanded his palette because he loves pasta now. While I love pasta and would eat it anytime… I don’t always have the time or like to wait for it to cook! This is especially true at lunchtime when I just have a few minutes to whip something up.
That’s why I am so glad to have found the Barilla Ready Pasta at Target!
I made this beautiful and tasty Greek Chicken Pasta Salad in around 1o minutes! The flavors are so bold which give a great Greek inspired taste.
There’s no need for boiling water or draining; all that is needed is a microwave. We love it because it’s portable and easy to make. Just 60 seconds in the microwave is all you need. I found this video from Barilla to be really useful! I love that this pasta always comes out the perfect al dente texture!
I found everything I needed at my local Target Superstore! The Barilla Ready Pasta was found on the isle with spaghetti sauce and other pastas. Be sure to utilize the Cartwheel offer for 10% off Barilla Ready Pasta! This offer is good from 8-31-17 to 9-14-17!
This recipe is so delicious and has Greek inspired flavors! The cucumbers are my favorite with the fresh taste they add. To make things quick and easy I just use pre-grilled chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken.
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta Penne
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup pickled banana peppers
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced chicken
- 1/4 cup Prepared Greek or Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup olives optional
- feta cheese for sprinkling on top
- Prepare the Barilla Ready Pasta Penne as directed on package. Immediately place the pouch in the refrigerator once it is finished cooking. Package will be hot. Mix all the other ingredients into a medium sized bowl and stir. Add pasta after 2 minutes. Mix all together and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Sprinkle with a bit of Feta Cheese once ready to serve.
Just top the Greek Chicken Pasta Salad with some Greek or Italian dressing. Yum! This is a great lunch that I am going to make often now.