My kids are crazy for soup. They love it so much that they will even eat it in the summertime! We have had soup a lot so far this year and I don’t see that stopping anytime soon. I thought it would be fun to make a lasagna soup because it combines two of our favorites… lasagna and soup! This soup really tastes like lasagna and I love how easy it is to make. Life around here is too busy to make an elaborate homemade meal every night. I like things that are quick to make so we can enjoy our time together around the table. As a shortcut, I used Bertolli® Riserva Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelized Onions for the base of the soup. The taste was amazing and we will definitely be making this again.
Bertolli® pasta sauces are great quality and great to use for many Italian inspired meals. Bertolli® is celebrating 150 years of tradition and bringing Tuscany flavor to the table with their Bertolli® Riserva pasta sauces. Visit the Viva Bertolli® destination page for a $1.50 coupon for Bertolli® pasta sauce and over 100 authentic Italian tips which are cornerstones of many Italian traditions that we enjoy today.
My family loved this one pot lasagna soup! It’s the perfect combination of all our favorite lasagna ingredients.
Easy 1 Pot Lasagna Soup
- 2 cups lasagna broken into pieces
- 1 jar Bertolli® Riserva Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelized Onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 32 oz . box chicken broth
- Added after cooking:
- Mix these together:
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping suggestion:
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- Place large pot or dutch oven on the stove and heat to medium high. Brown the beef then take off the heat to drain off the liquid. Return to the stove and add in the Bertolli® Riserva Balsamic Vinegar & Caramelized Onions, chicken broth and the lasagna noodles. Heat to a boil on high. Once it is boiling reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Serve with the Ricotta mix and toppings.