This CUTE Duct Tape Belt is a simple craft that anyone can make with just 3 items!
My girls and I are going crazy over these duct tape belts and they are so easy to make that we have already made several. Think of all the different designs of duct tape belts you can make! Some links in this post may be affiliate links.
Duct tape belts are perfect for gift giving too. I know a lot of my girls’ friends want one of their own since seeing my girls with theirs on. You could gift a set of these with different designs or various colors.
Randi from Dukes and Duchesses shared her super cute Duct Tape Belt and we couldn’t wait to make one ourselves. I’ve adapted this tutorial a little over the years, but I suggest you go look at hers too for her original variation.
I love how this cute duct tape belt turned out! These belts are unisex because all you need to do is just change up the duct tape colors or designs. The duct tape link below will take you to a cute mermaid duct tape design, but feel free to scroll through all their various designs on that page!
- measuring tape
- Measure the waist first and add 7 inches to that measurement for the length you'll need.
- Roll out the color/design of duct tape you want showing first and cut it to the length that you measured. Make sure to roll it out with the front side (non sticky side) down on your table. Leave it on the table rolled out for the next part.
- Next, you'll take the electrical tape or masking tape and roll it out on top of the backside of the duct tape. Leave one inch on each end that does not have any electrical tape touching the duct tape. Also, make sure to tape it right down the middle (both tapes will have the sticky parts touching each other). The duct tape is wider so you want to make sure that the electrical tape is exactly down the middle.
- Next, take the edge of the duct tape and fold it over to meet the edge of the electrical/masking tape. After you are finished folding there should be no sticky edges left. The ends will still be sticky in the middle, but go ahead and fold the edges there to match the rest of the belt.
- Take the 2 D-rings and place them both on just one end belt. Fold the duct tape over straight side of the rings together and press down to secure.
- Fold over the other end of duct tape to make a finished edge and then you are finished! Just thread the belt together through the D-rings to wear!