Citrus Basil Shrimp is a great summer recipe that is full of flavor. Orange, lemon lime & basil blend perfectly with the seasoned butter sauce to make this bright dish.
This Citrus Basil Shrimp Recipe is sponsored by Acorn. All opinions are my own.
This year so far has been one of the longest cold seasons we’ve had in a long time! We are in the southern part of the midwest, but our temps have been getting below freezing in the middle of April! I was so excited to see the green grass finally and a warm sunny day so I decided we would celebrate the warm weather with a spring family dinner outdoors.
I’ve been looking forward to making a dish with our fresh basil from the garden and this was the perfect recipe to use basil! Basil tastes great with citrus flavors and gives this dish a nice herb to round it all out. Citrus basil shrimp would be great to serve over pasta as well. Just use a simple cooked spaghetti that is buttered and maybe throw in a little parsley after it’s cooked. Served up this way would make it taste a little like shrimp scampi which is another favorite of mine!
I loved how our family table looked with the beautiful Citrus Basil Shrimp Platter along with Dixie® Everyday Limited Edition Plates.
During the warmer weather months we like to have more dinners outdoors and spend more time around the table. I like using disposable items for meals like these so that I am not washing dishes all night long. We found the Dixie® Everyday Plates with other picnic items near the middle of the store. I love how cute our table turned out!
Side dishes I suggest are any veggie that’s been grilled or roasted. Some summer veggies are corn, squashes, bell peppers and onions. They would all taste great grilled or cooked up in the oven.
Another serving suggestion I have is to serve your shrimp on a platter with sliced citrus fruits.
Citrus Basil Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp thawed
- 1 small orange juiced (around 2 oz.)
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1 medium lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 leaves fresh basil chopped
- optional paprika for sprinkling
- 1/2 stick butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional slices of one orange, lemon and lime to add to plate for garnish.
- In a small bowl combine the juices of the orange, lemon and lime. Add the lemon zest, onion powder, garlic powder and mix together. In a large skillet on medium heat melt all the butter. Then add the shrimp and let the shrimp cool well before pouring on the juice mixture. Plate the shrimp and pour the juices on top. Add chopped basil to top of shrimp. Serve and enjoy!