This post is written by me on behalf of General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser.
One of the smartest things that I’ve done this year for our family is to start meal planning again. It’s a habit that I had many years ago and then when life got busy I dropped the ball. I am so glad that I picked it back up, though! It’s been easier than ever to make sure that our family is eating the healthiest foods possible and saving a little money in the process. I make sure to plan our meals around at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. One of our favorite veggie inspired meals is made with Annie’s Organic Mac and Cheese.
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Shells with Veggies is a yummy lunchtime or dinner side dish!
We love buying wholesome snacks and foods in bulk from Sam’s Club. This makes meal planning even easier because I can buy what we need for at least 2 weeks at a time. Sometime’s it’s hard to find snack options that you can have on hand that are not fresh or deli products. I like to have the Annie’s Organic Cheddar Bunnies and Cascadian Farm Chewy Bars on hand for when we are on the go!
Another great thing about buying in bulk is that we have plenty of options to gift to friends and family if the need arrises.
We just had neighbors move in next door and so we made up a care package for them with some of the snack foods we bought from Sam’s Club. It’s just a nice way to meet them and welcome them to the neighborhood. I like giving real food because real food tastes so good and is better for us. This is why we love Annie’s!
Cheesy Garlic & Herb Shells with Veggies
- 1 box Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese with suggested ingredients from box white cheddar shells
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic or 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley or 1 Tbsp. minced fresh pasrsley
- 4 cups steamed veggies any variety (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower is what we use)
- Prepare the Annie's Organic Mac and Cheese per the directions on the box first. Add in the rest of ingredients and serve!
We love making this yummy and easy recipe at least once a week! It’s an easy way to make sure my kids are getting wholesome food and a serving of veggies for mealtime.