It seems like my kids are in a constant state of hunger. At any given time at least one of them is going through a growth spurt. It’s pretty much impossible to keep on top of their hunger these days. I am always searching for quick and easy snack ideas so that I can be ready for when those kids get hungry!!! I love nachos. Any way you make them… I love them. They are easy. They are quick. They are delicious. What is not to love? Nachos are also versatile. I love this idea for Pizza Nachos. It’s like a crispy thin crust pizza in nacho form. I added the flavors of a Caprese Salad to these: tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and a sprinkle of garlic and italian seasonings.
Simple cheesy and delicious. The best part is that they are ready in less than 5 minutes! Now I can feel accomplished for at least 30 minutes until they get hungry again in the next hour or so. LOL Plus this is a snack that mom loves too… certainly a win win!
Caprese Pizza Nachos!
- amounts will depend on how much you want: I usually make enough for a plateful
- Pita Chips - enough to cover your plate
- chopped tomatoes
- fresh shredded mozzarella
- fresh basil cut chiffonade style
- italian seasonings and garlic powder
- Add the pita chips and cheese to a microwave safe plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Take out and add the tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle a small amount of the Italian Spices and Garlic. Eat. Repeat. Enjoy!