The Oscars are rolling in, and you know what that means – it’s time to throw a fun Oscar party ! Get ready for a night of glitz, glamour, and movie magic right in your own living room. Here are some easy ideas to turn your party into a blockbuster event.
Here are 5 Easy Oscar Party Ideas:
1. DIY Tuxedo Cups
My mom was really excited about these DIY Tuxedo Cups! I think they turned out super cute. Pour some red punch inside and you have the perfect Red Carpet Drink idea. To make your own you’ll use white and black paper cups that you can find at Walmart. Cut the black up with a triangle going down one side for the tux. Place the white cup inside the black cup. Take black gems (I used stickers) and make a paper bow and glue them on the white cup for the shirt. I also cut off the rim of the black cup for a seamless look.
2. DIY Ball Gown Cups
My mom also insisted that we have a match cup with ball gowns. Together we came up with these pretty DIY Ball Gown Cups. Just take a heart shaped sticker and a cupcake liner and glue it all on. So cute and unique. Place them beside the tuxedos for a fun drink pair.
3. Pearl Topped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Just place some candy pearl sprinkles on top of chocolate covered strawberries for a really fancy treat!
4. Gold Star Toothpicks for Appetizers
Take regular toothpicks and place gold foam stickers on top for a beautiful way to serve your appetizers. Meatballs and little pigs in a blanket are perfect for serving with these!
5. DIY Paper Serving Stand
Take a black paper cup and a gold paper place and hot glue the plate on top of the cup for an easy serving stand. I love making serving stands this way because you can match the colors for any party!
Even More great ideas for the best Oscar Movie Party:
- Red Carpet Entrance: Roll out the red carpet (literally!) for your guests. Let them feel like A-list celebrities as they make their grand entrance into your Oscar extravaganza. Don’t forget to snap some glamorous photos – paparazzi style!
- Award-Winning Decor: Transform your space into a mini movie theater. Hang up gold star garlands, scatter film reel decorations, and set up mini Oscars as centerpieces. Let the decorations scream “movie magic” from every corner.
- Movie Marathon: Set up a cozy movie marathon corner with comfy cushions and blankets. Showcase some of the best Oscar-nominated films or classic favorites. Let your guests get their movie fix throughout the night.
- Concession Stand Delights: What’s a movie night without snacks? Create a concession stand filled with popcorn, candy, and all the movie theater favorites. Bonus points for having a DIY popcorn seasoning bar!
- Predict the Winners: Make it interactive with Oscar prediction ballots. Have your guests guess the winners in different categories and see who’s got the best movie intuition. Don’t forget to prepare a prize for the most accurate predictor!
- Glamorous Attire: Encourage your guests to embrace their inner movie star with glamorous attire. From sparkly gowns to bow ties, let everyone shine like they’re walking the red carpet.
- Director’s Cut Photo Booth: Set up a photo booth with props that let your guests pose as directors, movie stars, and even iconic film characters. It’s a fantastic way to capture memorable moments from the night.
- Acceptance Speech Fun: After each movie, have your own mini “acceptance speeches.” Let your guests give humorous or heartfelt speeches about the film, complete with thank yous and dramatic exits.
- Oscar Bingo: Create Oscar-themed bingo cards with things like “Someone cries during an acceptance speech” or “Winner trips on the way to the stage.” See who can get a bingo first!
- Wrap Party Favors: Send your guests home with a touch of Hollywood. Put together little gift bags with movie-themed treats or even a mini Oscar statuette as a fun keepsake.
Any of these ideas will have your guests feeling like they’re on the red carpet. Get ready to have some fun and cheer on your favorites! Find even more party inspiration here!