Deviled Eggs are just one of those things that make an appearance at nearly every family function. My Aunt Kathy’s version always gets rave reviews and she insists that it must be made with Miracle Whip and sugar. So if you grew up in my family then you would be used to the sweeter version like she makes. My husband’s family does things a little differently. They make them with mayonnaise and mustard. It’s definitely not as sweet as what I am used to, but they are still delicious. In recent years I have blended the two kinds together and added barbecue sauce for a unique version that I love. I think we can all agree that deviled eggs are delicious no matter what.
These Deviled Egg Turkeys are a cute way to dress up your favorite deviled egg recipe for Thanksgiving!
I love how they turned out! I saw this version from Couponing for 4 and knew that this was what I wanted to make this Thanksgiving.
Just cut small strips of red, orange and yellow bell peppers for the feathers. Then use a long triangle for the beak and another small piece for the wattle. I used Wilton candy eyes for the eyes and that was it! I just used my favorite deviled egg recipe for these and it tasted great! Here is the recipe if you want it!
Deviled Egg Turkeys
- 6 eggs hard boiled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
- 1 Tbsp . Barbecue sauce a good sweet/ smoky kind is best
- 2 tsp . Yellow Mustard Sauce
- Turkey topping:
- red orange and yellow bell peppers small julienne strips and cut up like small beaks/ wattles
- candy eyes
- Split the eggs in half and take out the yolks and place them into a medium sized bowl. Mash them with a fork until smooth. Then add the mayo or miracle whip , bbq sauce and mustard until mixed and smooth. Place mixture into a piping bag. Pipe into the holes of the split eggs. decorate with the peppers and candy eyes. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator covered for up to 1 day.
What kind of deviled egg recipe is YOUR fave?